I guess El Caballo is happy being under .500

Steve9347

I think the key to the article is one of the last few lines .. Happy to be THE Brewer. Happy to be batting cleanup.

Now matter how you spin the bottle on the White Sox he had no chance of doing that on this team. If we don't re-sign Koney & let Frank go that would certainly change & he might want to come back. But now that Carlos has gotten a taste of being the Big man in the lineup he's not going to choose a team unless he can be that man for them.

For better or worse we choose that man to be Koney. We'll just have to hope he can put up a .900 OPS in the post season.

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
Delgado, Halladay, Vernon Wells?? I'm happy to see CLee destroying the cubs pitching... GO CLEE

Delgado was a free agent. Halladay is one of the top pitchers in the game at only the agre of 28 ( just turned 28 not too long ago i believe). Wells is locked into a pretty cheap long term contract. I am sure after what he did last season they were expecting a big time bounce back season from him.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
In the other thread, it really looks like you think we'll be better with Lee instead of Pods.  Lee isn't as well-suited for the lineup Ozzie tried to construct here.  Pods is.

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
Nah my basic argument was I think we should have gotten a better prospect than Hinton in the deal..

We saved money in a left fielder by signing podsednik..

That enabled to get a lot of the other players which this team really needs..

Think about it..

C. Lee was getting paid a lot more than Podsednik is now. So that allowed us to sign Dye, Pierzynski, Iguchi, and other core players. Not to mention Luis Vizcaino, who has been doing a great job out of the pen...

Give Ozzy some credit just because the obvious stats show negativity, doesn't mean we can't think out of the box and see what that trade truely opened up for us...

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
Wait, Lee says he doesn't want to be back on Chicago because he's overshadowed by Frank, Paulie, etc? But he enjoys Milwaukee because he's looked up to?

EGO alert, WAKE THE f*** UP NED YOST!

Enjoy trying to hit 10 run homers, El Caballo, we don't miss you.

i agree. This article makes CLee sound very selfess. I wasn't the man, I didn't get the RBI opportunities.....Maybe he complained to Ozzie about this and that's why Ozzie said he should be the one to go in a trade.

Umm don't you mean selfish?

I always like El Caballo...

I don't know why he's talking so much trash..

The only reason i can think of is that the media is getting to him about being traded from the best team in the majors...

QUOTE(ptatc @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
i agree. This article makes CLee sound very selfess. I wasn't the man, I didn't get the RBI opportunities.....Maybe he complained to Ozzie about this and that's why Ozzie said he should be the one to go in a trade.

Um, are you sure "Selfless" is the word you're looking for there? And not a different Suffix?

QUOTE(Rohan @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
Umm don't you mean selfish?

I always like El Caballo...

I don't know why he's talking so much trash..

The only reason i can think of is that the media is getting to him about being traded from the best team in the majors...

The guys on our end did talk a little bit of trash about him when he was leaving...the whole slide into 2nd base against the Twins, I doubt that went over well with him.

Anywho...the Brewers got exactly what they needed in their lineup - some fairly cheap right handed power. The Sox got exactly what they needed - salary flexibility, speed, and a quality leadoff guy who just needs to learn how to get a good jump on a fly ball.

Both of these teams are better because of that trade, and both stand a good shot at being playoff contenders because of it for a long time. Without that trade, both of them would stand a good chance at being average/mediocre for another few years.

QUOTE(Rohan @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
We saved money in a left fielder by signing podsednik..

That enabled to get a lot of the other players which this team really needs..

Think about it..

C. Lee was getting paid a lot more than Podsednik is now. So that allowed us to sign Dye, Pierzynski, Iguchi, and other core players. Not to mention Luis Vizcaino, who has been doing a great job out of the pen...

Give Ozzy some credit just because the obvious stats show negativity, doesn't mean we can't think out of the box and see what that trade truely opened up for us...

Dont get me wrong, I still am very glad we made the deal...but Vizcaino has been doing nothing close to a "great job out of the pen"

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 12:01 AM)
Dont get me wrong, I still am very glad we made the deal...but Vizcaino has been doing nothing close to a "great job out of the pen"

I mean i guess he's hot and cold sometimes..

But lately he's been doing alright..

Compared to the rest of the sox bull pen he's not doing out standing. But hey guys we're being spoiled by this bull pen...

Vizcaino is better then the 5th go to guy on any other team..

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 01:01 AM)

if by great job he meant good at giving up homeruns, then i would agree with him that vizcaino is doing a great job.

In terms of bullpens, I'm not sure alot of Sox fans realize what we have right now. We have 4 VERY good arms in the bullpen in Cotts, Marte, Hermanson, and Politte. And when Shingo gets his junk pitches over, we have 5. Not many teams can boast about having 4 bullpen arms with an ERA of 3.00 or under, and 3 with an ERA under 2! Politte, Cotts, and Hermanson to put it bluntly, have been remarkable. Therefore, we can stomach Vizcaino having issues getting it together moreso right now that we could have in past seasons, because he will get a stretch where he is on, its just the way relievers are.

Sit back and enjoy this special 2005 season folks.

QUOTE(Rohan @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 06:06 AM)
I mean i guess he's hot and cold sometimes..

But lately he's been doing alright..

Compared to the rest of the sox bull pen he's not doing out standing. But hey guys we're being spoiled by this bull pen...

Vizcaino is better then the 5th go to guy on any other team..

which white sox are you watching.... Vizcaino is pitching horribly and on a lot of other teams would probably be cut or optioned......

Carlos gave us some great years. As long as he's crushing pitchers in the NL, I'm happy for him. I hope he does well.

There's a guy at work (he's a Marlins fan, hey, I live in Florida), and he likes to give me crap about the Lee for Pods trade. My standard response is, have you looked at the standings lately? Seems like we did alright.

It's not like we traded Kip Wells for Todd Ritchie or anything. Oh, wait.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
Wait, Lee says he doesn't want to be back on Chicago because he's overshadowed by Frank, Paulie, etc? But he enjoys Milwaukee because he's looked up to?

EGO alert, WAKE THE f*** UP NED YOST!

Enjoy trying to hit 10 run homers, El Caballo, we don't miss you.

I am glad someone else caught that... He was traded because he had ego problems supposedly, then talks about how playing behind superstar sucked, but he doesn't have an ego... Way to prove the point 'Los.