BMAC

Heads22

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
I can't wait until he gets his stuff together. He's gonna be a good one.

I can't wait until he learns a 3rd pitch...if that ever happens.

On a sidenote, he's just proof that scouting reports can be way off. His best pitch was supposed to be his developing change up last season.

His best pitch was his changeup...as recently as Spring Training. He hasn't found it in the last few months, and it's shown. A lot.

I don't think the shirt looks that wierd. Although...vertical stripes are supposed to make you look thin...and well, BMac already does that on his own.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 01:47 AM)
I can't wait until he learns a 3rd pitch...if that ever happens.

On a sidenote, he's just proof that scouting reports can be way off. His best pitch was supposed to be his developing change up last season.

He certainly had 3 pitches when I saw him here vs. Norfolk. It's just that he doesn't have enough faith in his stuff to put his curve and change over the plate at the ML level right now. But, that happens quite often to 21 year olds. Am I a bit disappointed he didn't come right out and take the AL by storm, sure. Does it affect my long term view about BMAC, no. According to what I read after his last start, he seems to recognize and admit what the problem is which speaks all the more to his maturity level.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 07:26 AM)
She plays Volleyball there IIRC.  He has got one proud papa too.  Actually Brandon's whole family is really good people.

Honestly, I keep on hearing people saying that BMAC will eventually be a good one for our beloved Sox. I have couple questions if you don't mind giving me answers to.

1. How do we know that he's going to be a good one? All I see is his terrible outings so far and his humongous ERA!

2. Since he is a rookie and would need some time to adjust to big league, then how come other rookie pitchers are and were doing much better than he is during their first year? Jerome Williams, D Willis, K Wood, M Prior and etc.

I wish that BMAC will get back his ST pitching form.

GO SOX...

QUOTE(S720 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
Honestly, I keep on hearing people saying that BMAC will eventually be a good one for our beloved Sox.  I have couple questions if you don't mind giving me answers to.

1. How do we know that he's going to be a good one?  All I see is his terrible outings so far and his humongous ERA!

2. Since he is a rookie and would need some time to adjust to big league, then how come other rookie pitchers are and were doing much better than he is during their first year?  Jerome Williams, D Willis, K Wood, M Prior and etc.

I wish that BMAC will get back his ST pitching form. 

GO SOX...

Well One thing Jerome Williams isnt doing 2 good anymore is he since he is in the minors and B-Mac doesnt have near the kind of stuff that Prior or Wood has or the deception Willis has.... Most pitchers dont come in and dominate your pointing out the exceptions....

And you never know if he is a good one but from seeing him pitch in the minors and seeing him pitch in the majors you know he isnt completely comfortable yet because he is scared to throw his change it seems... Dont forget he only had like 3-4 starts in AA so he practically skipped a level.. and he started last year in low A and now in the majors.