White Sox at Detroit Tigers 6/28 6:05

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
I would like to congratulate Frank Thomas, as his first inning home run tonight will be the 1320th run in his career, setting the all time White Sox record.

Haha, first time I read that i thought you said 1320th Home run of his career..I was thinking "What the hell is Lopez been drinking?"

:P

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)
I will be in attendance, look forward to cheering the Sox on the road for the first time (besides wrigley)

make sure to wander around detroit aimlessly, i've heard it can be quite beautiful

:canada

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 12:18 PM)
We havn't had a 9 game winning streak all year. We've had three 8 game winning streaks. Am I missing something?

They gave this stat during the Cubs series on WGN...I'm pretty sure the Sox haven't had a 9 game winning streak since like the late 70's or so.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
How long do you think it'll take Mark to dispose of the Tiger trash tonight?

Guesses must be down to the minute, Price is Right rules apply. Whoever is closest without going over wins.......... a nice swift boot to the plums.

i don't think we're going to win tonight.

As much as I hate to say it I feel the Sox are going to get swept by the hated Tigers.

Call it 30 yr White Sox fan intuition or call me an idiot but i feel this team is hitting the wall right now as proved by 13straight scoreless innings..

The Tigers are treating this series like the world series knowing if they are to have any chance at all they must beat the Sox now. I think MB is way overdue for a stinker of an outing and then with the kid pitching tomorrow and Garcia who seems to pitch great only in big games lately on Thursday we are looking at a sweep.

The Tigers can hit the ball and the Sox are going to have to score a lot of runs to win these games. I just don't see them doing it right now.

Guesses must be down to the minute, Price is Right rules apply. Whoever is closest without going over wins.......... a nice swift boot to the plums.

Ill bite. 1 hour 51 minutes.

QUOTE(brijames @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
As much as I hate to say it I feel the Sox are going to get swept by the hated Tigers.

Call it 30 yr White Sox fan intuition or call me an idiot but i feel this team is hitting the wall right now as proved by 13straight scoreless innings..

The Tigers are treating this series like the world series knowing if they are to have any chance at all they must beat the Sox now. I think MB is way overdue for a stinker of an outing and then with the kid pitching tomorrow and Garcia who seems to pitch great only in big games lately on Thursday we are looking at a sweep.

The Tigers can hit the ball and the Sox are going to have to score a lot of runs to win these games. I just don't see them doing it right now.

No chance. We had a day off to get our heads on right, our offense will rebound tonight. We MIGHT lose one , but swept??! uh-uh, book it.

QUOTE(brijames @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)

Actually Idiot it's been 16 straight scoreless innings. However the idea that we will get swept by Detroit is foolish. (Oakland maybe, but that's only because it's God-forsaken Oakland)

Even considering BMAC in the rotation our starting pitching is clearly better. We've dominated everyone the division throughout this season, regardless of what it seemed like our boys were playing like around that time. There's no real reason to think we're going to hit a wall other than just a run-of-the-mill random slump (which our guys have kept to 2 or 3 games everytime so far this year.) Despite the last two losses, our rotation is in good shape, our pen is well rested, and our position players should not be hitting a wall (during the Cubs series, different lineups played each day and we've had basically 2 full days off for this series - Sunday afternoon to Tuesday night).

2 Hours, 31 Minutes.

QUOTE(brijames @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)

It's hard for me to not call you any names. This is the Tigers, and we have Mark Buehrle going tonight. Have a little faith in your boys.

Maddux + Prior > Robertson

you gotta have faith...

Lineups are in.

Starting Lineups

No. Chicago White Sox Detroit

1 Scott Podsednik, LF Brandon Inge, 3B

2 Tadahito Iguchi, 2B Placido Polanco, 2B

3 Frank Thomas, DH Carlos Guillen, SS

4 Paul Konerko, 1B Rondell White, LF

5 Aaron Rowand, CF Ivan Rodriguez, C

6 Jermaine Dye, RF Dmitri Young, DH

7 Joe Crede, 3B Craig Monroe, RF