6/30 - Sox vs. Tigers Game Thread 12pm CT

Spiff

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are right our offense rocks.  Its smoke and mirror thats we are 28th in the MLB in singles, 30th in doubles, 30th in triples. 

Crede is a superstar, Kong hits to all fields, etc etc.

ya and we're still the best team in the majors...mmm so what does that tell you...maybe that our team isn't built around offense

it was pretty obvious coming into this year that we weren't going to score a ton of runs...i dont know why your b****ing....jus to b**** i guess

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:38 PM)
Thank you for not making that green as you threatened ealier.  Somehow the appreciated dryness would be ruined with the colour change. :D

Haha, I already forgot I said that. :lolhitting

ya and we're still the best team in the majors...mmm so what does that tell you...maybe that our team isn't built around offense

it was pretty obvious coming into this year that we weren't going to score a ton of runs...i dont know why your b****ing....jus to b**** i guess

That tells me that I will be scared when we are facing really good pitchers in the playoffs. :huh

QUOTE(WhiteSox311 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)

Our pitching has been outstanding. Its the reason we are in the place we are. But we have to start to get more consistant hitting. Not just living and dieing on the homer.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 06:40 AM)
That tells me that I will be scared when we are facing really good pitchers in the playoffs. :huh

So you're saying that we haven't faced many good pitchers this season so far? :lol:

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
You guys are right our offense rocks.  Its smoke and mirror thats we are 28th in the MLB in singles, 30th in doubles, 30th in triples. 

And in the only stat that matters on offense we are 6th in the AL and 10th in the MLB.

So you're saying that we haven't faced many good pitchers this season so far?  :lol:

It's just scary that they sometimes have a knack for making mediocre pitchers look better than they are. They seem to be winning on homeruns lately instead of moving runners over, etc.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)

You know what, no one is saying that the offense has been unreal but they're not as bad as you make them out to be. They've been solid, they're 10th in runs scored and have come up with each and every clutch hit. Deal with it, we're 52 and 24, the pitching has been fantastic but you can't have this kind of record with out any offensive support.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 06:41 AM)
Our pitching has been outstanding.  Its the reason we are in the place we are.  But we have to start to get more consistant hitting.  Not just living and dieing on the homer.

What would you prefer? Better pitching and not so good hitting, or better hitting and not so good pitching, because we all know where that got us.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 06:42 AM)
It's just scary that they sometimes have a knack for making mediocre pitchers look better than they are.

They're not making Maroth look so good tonight.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
Skepticism is the right of every fan, but to get down on the Sox ability to win without good hitting is mind boggling. It just shows how good their pitching is and how solid they can be in the post season if they reach it.

The problem here is that you assume our pitching will remain at a constant level all season. Given that El Duque has been inconsistent and injured, 2 of our bullpen guys have been inconsistent, we don't know how long we can count on Contreras, and this has thus far been a breakout season for Garland, Cotts, Politte, and a few others, the question remains; can we keep winning with pitching all year.

We can if everything continues the way it has. But everyone knew in May that we would need the offense to pick up for this team to really put everyone away. It's showed some signs of doing it for most of June...we just need to not slow down (i.e. the past few games) for long periods any more this season.

This season is proof that some fans will never be satisfied with anything this team ever does during the regular season.

We get it. You think the worst all the time of this team and are eternally pessimistic, even when they are about to go 29 over.

Wait till the playoffs to say "I told you so" because it ain't happening during the regular season.