6/30 - Sox vs. Tigers Game Thread 12pm CT

Spiff

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WhiteSox311 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
ya cuz that happens all the time....we've been shutout what 2 or 3 times this year

You guys are right our offense rocks. Its smoke and mirror thats we are 28th in the MLB in singles, 30th in doubles, 30th in triples.

Crede is a superstar, Kong hits to all fields, etc etc.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
A team like Annaheim would be interested. They are looking for a DH. But I don't see KW trading him really...

Even if you don't start him, it's a helluva bat to have coming off the bench. Especially during the playoffs.

Houston, Atlanta, or even maybe Oakland also might be looking for a bat in the outfield if they all keep winning.

But considering how KW has traded to get Everett twice now, somehow I doubt he'll be trading him away.

And Everett is the reason Timo's playing time has dropped way off in the last few weeks. That's a good enough reason for me to not let him go.

Reading these threads are so frustrating.

The Sox have won different ways each game, so what if they rely on the home run for a week or so, they won with out it for a number of weeks too.

As for being no hit the first 4, that means nothing. Im sorry but if you watch enough games you will see many pitchers start off strong and fade, very few start off bad and then get stronger as the game goes on. Add to that the hitters have seen the pitcher 1-2 times, and it is no wonder why a team is more likely to score runs in the 4,5,6 innings.

I just wonder why people are unhappy winning.

Last I checked there is no, we were up for 4 innings rule. Its who is ahead at the end of the 9th that matters.

SB

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
You guys are right our offense rocks.  Its smoke and mirror thats we are 28th in the MLB in singles, 30th in doubles, 30th in triples. 

We know that none of that is true.

But must you say it over and over again.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
I swear to god some of you would be chanting "corpseball" at the 18-spot Texas just put up.

Not corpse ball but they did pull alot of their hits today.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
You guys are right our offense rocks.  Its smoke and mirror thats we are 28th in the MLB in singles, 30th in doubles, 30th in triples. 

Is there any way to look at those numbers for only June? I know we're still very low in triples, but 3 or 4 of our batters were absolutely terrible at the plate in May - Crede, Everett, Konerko, Dye were all basically guaranteed outs most of the time and produced virtually no hits. Those numbers have to be better in June, and as long as our guys don't revert to May form for more that a few games at a time we'll start to climb those lists.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 06:36 AM)

52-24. Live with it.