TRADE THREAD II ~ July 2 - July 8

Texsox

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
No that is the point.. 10 mil for JS or a younger verison of JS.. I'll take the younger version please. of course neither will be on the sox with their asking price so all this arguing is pointless...

...which makes your first point of Burnett being "easier to sign" moot.

No that is the point.. 10 mil for JS or a younger verison of JS.. I'll take the younger version please. of course neither will be on the sox with their asking price so all this arguing is pointless...

Yes, so stop arguing for your opinions, we wont get him in a trade, and we wont in Free Agency.

Guest JimH
Your right I guess I need to brush up on my MVP skills, it seems that is where you seem to live.

You are right, I live there happily. You never will, and for that I'm grateful.

Do you ever get the impression you're not wanted here?

If not, you should. Just saying, no skin off my nose either way. But I thought I'd point it out to you in black and white since the subtleties of about three dozen posters don't get through to you.

Oh ... NOW I get it ... this is your little attention getting ploy ... you LIKE arguing.

It's not that easy. You're going to have to commit a lot more years to keep Burnett, and with his injury history that is a somewhat iffy proposition. The comparison is more like Schmidt for $10 mil and one year and Burnett for around $40 mil for 4 years (as a starting point mind you. Pavano got that much last year, and Burnett will probably be in higher demand). There's a much higher financial commitment in the latter. Again, your statement has nothing to do with how easy it would be to retain those players. You can't seem to put logical thoughts together, which drastically weaken any of your arguments.

To use your words...you are missing a simple point.  It is NOT a fact that we would want AJ over Schmidt.  It is your opinion.  Personally, I don't think I want either one anymore.  I'm not convinced either will help our team enough to make a deal worth it.  I think we need to get a Glendon Rusch-type.  Although, not Rusch.  Someone that can spot start and go into the pen.  Like Sean Lowe a couple of years ago. 

Anyway...you are spewing your ideas, not stating facts.

Let me show you: 

Fact:  AJ Burnett currently plays for the Florida Marlins.

Opinion:  AJ Burnett would be easier to resign next year.

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

For the people who rode the little yellow school bus...

If we traded for AJ we would sign him to the deal that he would request before seasons end much like we did for Freddy. So he would not go to the FA market. There is no way IF we trade for him we give up that much and not resign him..It be pointless, much like JS

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
This trade thread has degenerated into oblivion.

Anthrax is good at doing this to certain threads. He just has that certain magnetism that draws us all in.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
:banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead

I love how you always consider everyone else slow-minded.

You are right, I live there happily.  You never will, and for that I'm grateful.

Do you ever get the impression you're not wanted here?

If not, you should.  Just saying, no skin off my nose either way.  But I thought I'd point it out to you in black and white since the subtleties of about three dozen posters don't get through to you.

Oh ... NOW I get it ... this is your little attention getting ploy ... you LIKE arguing.

I know the truth hurts here.. I understand Jim.. Its okay.. Everytime I post here I see those new Miller Lite commericals, and think of people like you on the other end, when the truth hits them like a ton of bricks..

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
This trade thread has degenerated into oblivion.

It's a trademark of Anthrax's.

Hey Anthrax, I really got a kick out of you saying Detroit's payroll is "greatly less" than ours considering their payroll this year is $69,092,000 (15th in the MLB,) compared to the Sox's $75,178,000 (13th.)

http://www.onestopbaseball.com/TeamPayroll.asp

Once again you have a hard time using FACTS to make a point. :sweep:

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)

If we traded for AJ we would sign him to the deal that he would request before seasons end much like we did for Freddy. So he would not go to the FA market. There is no way IF we trade for him we give up that much and not resign him..It be pointless, much like JS

Source?

Freddy gave us the Ozzie discount, and AJ will command more money, not to mention we arent going to get him in a trade since FLA wants a major league ready young cheap pitcher, who we dont have. They are speaking with the O's for Cabrera, I already told you that.

Stop it with your terrible speculation. You already said you realize we wont get him, so drop it already.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)

First of all, I may be in the little yellow school bus, but it's running you over. Second of all, Burnett will probably (opinion) want to check out the market. Because, he will probably (opinion) command more than the money that you think we will offer him in an extension.

Freddy wanted to play here, for Ozzie (fact), and was willing to sign a competitive offer. Sorry, can't compare the two.

Guest JimH

I made my point about Anthrax, I think everyone agrees with it. So, enough with this. He's here to stir up s*** and get attention, that's all.

Let the mods deal with it folks.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
First of all, I may be in the little yellow school bus, but it's running you over.  Second of all, Burnett will probably (opinion) want to check out the market.  Because, he will probably (opinion) command more than the money that you think we will offer him in an extension. 

Freddy wanted to play here, for Ozzie (fact), and was willing to sign a competitive offer.  Sorry, can't compare the two.

It's a trademark of Anthrax's.

Hey Anthrax, I really got a kick out of you saying Detroit's payroll is "greatly less" than ours considering their payroll this year is $69,092,000 (15th in the MLB,) compared to the Sox's $75,178,000 (13th.) 

http://www.onestopbaseball.com/TeamPayroll.asp

Once again you have a hard time using FACTS to make a point. :sweep:

Umm yeah, Midget in a dress.. yeah I was comparing years past not this years.. So umm Yeah.. Try again?

All right this thread has gone haywire seriously. I'm going to close it for a while, and I'll re-open it later.

EDIT: Ok I'm opening it back up.

Edited by DBAH0

If the Schmidt deal is really dead, which I don't for a second believe, then who else might the Sox decide to add before the trade deadline?

What about Jamie Moyer? With the Boone release, I think the M's are going to shift into serious sell-off territory very soon, and Moyer is still a marketable commodity. For us he would provide fine insurance against a Contreras/El Duque meltdown in the second half, and he would likely give us a better #4 starter option in the playoffs than either of our Cuban pitchers. Plus, what can he cost?

If the Sox ate the rest of his contract, he may be had for a couple of second-tier prospects. I'm not saying he's great, because he hasn't pitched well outside Seattle this year, but I think with the Contreras/El Duque/McCarthy situation, KW will need to do something to shore up the starting pitching before the deadline.