7/5 Gamethread Devil Rays vs White Sox

ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:34 AM)
I'm sorry, but you're drawing conclusions about whether or not Thomas, one of the best hitters of the last 15 years, can be a good contact hitter, based entirely on a stretch where he's still getting back into the game and into shape after being sidelined with an injury for 12 months and unable to walk for about 8 months of it?

That just doesnt' add up to me.  He comes off the DL and he's not into the game so he's swinging for the fences...doesn't mean he can't find his swing very, very rapidly.  Couple of hits for him tonight, 1 for 2 with 3 walks last night.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I have as much confidence in Frank as just about anyone.

I guess I didn't say this, but I was more harping on BB's point of letting Iguchi swing away, rather than just have him bunt.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
I think there is a good chance Kenny Rogers decides to stay home for the allstar game. If this happens it can possibly get Hermy to the allstar game.

Matt Clement would get in before anyone else. His manager even said so.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:55 AM)
Matt Clement would get in before anyone else. His manager even said so.

Good call. It was either between Clement and Colon to get in- you have to give Francona props for going with a guy from another team. I don't know how Hermanson didn't get in? Just not enough spots i guess..

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
Good call. It was either between Clement and Colon to get in- you have to give Francona props for going with a guy from another team. I don't know how Hermanson didn't get in? Just not enough spots i guess..

Yeah I was suprised when Francona said that he chose Colon over Clement because Matt has had a great year. Hermanson didn't get in because Wickman and Baez needed to represent their teams, I hate that rule.

I was at the game tonight. Amazing...enough said. From all the hype for Pods incluing all the staff members wearing 'Vote for Scott' buttons to Frank's monster shot, this was the beast game I have attended in a long time. :cheers

As I read these game threads, you always get the same negative BS from the same negative posters. Thirty games over and these "Sox fans" still b**** and moan and direct inappropriate vulgarities or slander at our players. Disf***inggusting.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 11:51 PM)
As I read these game threads, you always get the same negative BS from the same negative posters.  Thirty games over  and these "Sox fans" still b**** and moan and direct inappropriate vulgarities or slander at our players.  Disf***inggusting.

I got to page 7 and I can't read this anymore, Jeckle you're a joke.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 09:34 PM)
6-0 for Pollitte.  And come to think he had no wins last year.  :huh

I guess last year was his off year :lol:

Maybe Politte can win 20 this year too.

Yeah, that was totally off the wall wasn't it?

Oh well.