• Try and Avoid them
    • Dont hate them or Like them
    • Like them
    • Whatever gets people to the games

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really really care about bandwagoneers, but i hate when they try to act like they know something. I still don't see many bandwagoneers in the stands it seems like they havent started coming to the stadium yet considering we are still pullin in like 24 - 25, 000 a game......as the season goes on you will see more and more at the stadium, but as of now I think they are just buying up merchandise and telling people they are sox fans.......oh well more money for the organization

As long as that stadium's attendance keeps growing, I won't complain. Even if it's bandwagoners, other people seeing the Cell as an electric place to watch a baseball game because of there being so many Sox fans only seems like a positive to me. I can deal with bandwagon fans as long as they get to the games.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
Amen. I go to 50+ - but pay for ALL 81 thank you very much - I don't care who's sitting next to me rooting or how long they've been rooting. I pay attention to the game.

I completely agree steff. Imagine that... I know what my dedication is and I also know the park should be full and our payroll should increase. Furthermore, we may convert a few with the type of season we have. As for getting around the park when full, I took care of that by going to the Club level. Always good up there.Rock next year, club level.

I don't see them much where we sit either and if our regulars sell their tickets it must be to good friends or family cause when someone we don't know sits around us they don't say much. The exception was the Sunday Cubs game.. some real boneheads were near us that day but they wandered for most of the game so it wasn't a big deal. Like I said though.. I pay more attention to what's going on bwtween the lines. I get more aggravated at the beer vendors than I do the bandwagon jumpers.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
I completely agree steff. Imagine that... I know what my dedication is and I also know the park should be full and our payroll should increase. Furthermore, we may convert a few with the type of season we have. As for getting around the park when full, I took care of that by going to the Club level. Always good up there.Rock next year, club level.

We'll never move. We're too far in to be bothered by 1/2 price night buyers or bandwagoners. Plus I like to be downstairs so I can talk to all my "friends".. :rolly

Everyone will be loving those bandwagoners come this offseason when we are trying to sign FA's or paying arbitration on some nice years by our players. For every crisp whitesox black hat, for every new tee shirt, for every one yelling out hey look at Aaron Rowand when its Pods in center, smile and thank them for when we afford Garland after this year.

I like bandwagoners for one thing, It means we are doing very well and the cubs are doing very badly. Its a win - win for the real sox fans.

BTW think of how crowded soxfest will be this year. Maybe we can sell Steff's autograph as the soxtalk poster who scared KW to make moves. The finger pointing lady happened, then Garcia was signed. Coincidence, probably not.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
I'm 22, and can remember the days of being 15 very easily.  I recently graduated, and now attend every game I have the chanec to.  However, enjoy the days of being 15, with no responsibiliies and bills...

go sox.

Steve I remember the days of 22, young, watch TV and games whenever you want. Just starting out, nothing hurts you, your eyes are great, girls everywhere, You drink all night long, and peform the next day, getting your own place, Not cleaning it up if you don't want to, eating pizza on the cocktail table. Enjoy 22 pal! And the World turns.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
BTW think of how crowded soxfest will be this year.  Maybe we can sell Steff's autograph as the soxtalk poster who scared KW to make moves.  The finger pointing lady happened, then Garcia was signed.  Coincidence, probably not.

LMAO!!! He moved out of the neighborhood, too!!! :lolhitting

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
Just gave my GF the quiz, just started dating her about 4 months ago, so she kinda got involved during the season, and she could do 20 of the 25, so I was happy.

She also said Timo was really overpaid. I love this girl.

DONT.MARRY.HER. She Googled the answers!

they really don't bug me to much right now. I will hate it if some of the Cubs Traveling Clown Show starts to come over, ie costumes, etc.

the one that will piss me off the most will be if Jim Belushi tries to stick his fat head into this, I think we should send a pre-emptive strike letter to Brooks Boyer telling him not to let that clown anywhere near the park

QUOTE(LauraJ14 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
My only complaint with the bandwagoners is when they spend the whole game chatting about everything but baseball and comparing the Cell to Wrigley.  If Wrigley is so damn wonderful,  go watch a game there and leave me in peace.

Laura.. ya just gotta tune them out. Or scream loudly in their direction when something happens on the field then say "did you guys see that?!?!?!" That usually works. :lol:

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
Just gave my GF the quiz, just started dating her about 4 months ago, so she kinda got involved during the season, and she could do 20 of the 25, so I was happy.

She also said Timo was really overpaid. I love this girl.

my gf likes hawk.

that's enough for me.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
Laura.. ya just gotta tune them out. Or scream loudly in their direction when something happens on the field then say "did you guys see that?!?!?!" That usually works.  :lol:

Since it was the Sunday Cubs game and the Sox lost, maybe that made it worse than normal. But the Red Sox are coming to town in a couple of weeks and that should be as much fun as the Cubs games.

^^^

Quick Bandwagon Fan Quiz

1.) Name atleast 20 men on the current 25 man roster.

2.) What was the White Sox starting rotation in order the first week of the season>

3.) Who is the current closer of the Sox?

4.) Who is the Starting 2nd baseman of the White Sox?

5.) Who is the V.P. of Marketing for the Chicago White Sox?

6.) Who is the current Utility man on the White Sox?

7.) Who is Kevin Walker and does he suck?

8.) Is Timo Perez underpaid at $1mil?

#5 will show how closely you follow the team for sure.

1. AJP, Widger, Konerko, Thomas, Iguchi, Harris, Uribe, Ozuna, Crede, Pods, Everett, Rowand, Timo, Dye, MB, Garland, Garcia, Jose, Jenks, Politte, Hermanson, Shingo, Walker, Cotts, Viz

2. MB, Garcia, Contreras, El Duque, Garland

3. Hermanson

4. Tadahito Iguchi

5. Brooks Boyer I believe, but what does the VP of Marketing have to do with bandwagon fans or following the team for that matter? Seems pointless to me.

6. Pablo Ozuna

7. Walker is a piece of s***, and hes go awful.

8. Perez is overpaid... hes clutch sometimes but overall, theres no way he is a million dollar man..

I think it was 1983 (could've been 1993) when they started selling shirts outside the park that said "Yuppie Scum Go Home." I kinda feel the same way. The bandwagoneers are the ones who'll throw a home run ball onto the field, do the wave, all that s***.

Their money is green tho, so I understand the arguments in favor of them.

I went with whatever gets people to the games. I personally don't care as long as they show some interest. Being a bandwagon fan is how you first get into a team. That's how I got into the Cowboys, White Sox, Bulls, and Blackhawks. Them being part of my hometown(for the most part) had something to do with it, but really it was because I started becoming fans of them when they were winning(not that I had a choice since I didn't understand sports until around 92(6 years old).