Are Any Of You Pissed?

Tadahito Iguchi

QUOTE(Be Good @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
No I wasn't pissed, it would of been awesome to see him get a AB, I got really happy when he was on deck.

wasn't pissed actually voted like a mother too but didn't want some freak injury...as it was he got in the game...i think that Francona was going to pinch run in the 8th if a man wouldve reached and didn't happen..got to play the field managed perfectly except wouldve come immediately with MRivera

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
wasn't pissed actually voted like a mother too but didn't want some freak injury...as it was he got in the game...i think that Francona was going to pinch run in the 8th if a man wouldve reached and didn't happen..got to play the field managed perfectly except wouldve come immediately with MRivera

If an OFer was one of the 4 guys to bat that inning then, yeah, you'd have been right. However it didn't work out that way and he was on deck if Pudge was to reach against Cordero.

I really wanted him to steal in the game, oh well. Am I upset he didn't get to? Yeah. The point remains that he was the last guy voted in, so if anybody on the team shouldn't touch the ball, it's him. Francona did his best to get everybody in and Scott Pods at least played.

Edited by danman31

I doubt Pods is even pissed. He got into the game anyways, (I know it wasn't for the reason we were all expecting). Like DABearSoX, we got the guy a raise. Also, it's got to feel really great to be supported like that. The way the Sox fans and the organization got behind him for this was pretty special.

I think youre taking this the wrong way. I didnt put it that clearly. Scotty is not a flashy player that you would find in a typical all star game. That's what I meant. He doesnt have much pop, isn't a very good fielder, and is best when he can disrupt a game with his speed on the basepaths. Not a typical all-star type player.