7/14/05 - White Sox @ Indians Game Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 06:42 PM)
Ha, it really is funny to watch Uribe once in a while.  Sometimes he just looks like a joke swinging a bat.  He should think about wearing a clown suit at the plate.

Serious question, has Contreras ever thrown a CG in his life?

He's not that type of pitcher. He probably could have had one in the last game against KC last year, but Ozzie wanted to bring in Shingo.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 06:42 PM)
Ha, it really is funny to watch Uribe once in a while.  Sometimes he just looks like a joke swinging a bat.  He should think about wearing a clown suit at the plate.

Serious question, has Contreras ever thrown a CG in his life?

A clown suit would be cool. I doubt Contreras has thrown a CG in the major leagues. But that's why JR pays the guys in the bullpen millions.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)

Yeah, I agree. We were spoiled last year by him. He was playing well over his head and we all should of known that. I still like him b/c he's a gold glove caliber SS. At that position, I'll take a below average hitter who has an above average glove.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 06:47 PM)
A clown suit would be cool. I doubt Contreras has thrown a CG in the major leagues. But that's why JR pays the guys in the bullpen millions.

If Contreras threw a complete game, the game would last about 5 hours. Seriously, I need two tv's going at the same time to keep from being completely bored.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
He's not that type of pitcher. He probably could have had one in the last game against KC last year, but Ozzie wanted to bring in Shingo.

He was already at 101 pitches... four and a half over his season average. But you are right he really could have if we were desperate.

Peralta with a one out double.

QUOTE(JohnStamos @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
If Contreras threw a complete game, the game would last about 5 hours.  Seriously, I need two tv's going at the same time to keep from being completely bored.

That is what picture in picture is for.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 06:49 PM)
He was already at 101 pitches... four and a half over his season average. But you are right he really could have if we were desperate.

Peralta with a one out double.

101 isn't very much, especially considering that he wasn't going to pitch for a few months.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
That is what picture in picture is for.

The problem is he pitches fine until he give up a hit...

Then he is TERRIFIED to throw the ball over the plate and starts walking people, etc. and creates his own jams..

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
101 isn't very much, especially considering that he wasn't going to pitch for a few months.

Never said it was. I was just saying he was already over his average of pitches per game last year.

That is why we should not bench uribe.

Contreras balks. Peralta to third with one two outs.

QUOTE(tony72 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)
The problem is he pitches fine until he give up a hit...

Then he is TERRIFIED to throw the ball over the plate and starts walking people, etc. and creates his own jams..

:bang