Aaron's play tonight

Rowand44

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:54 AM)
I'm glad that Rowand, like the rest of us, figured out that Pods is an awful fielder.  I guess it shows they know a lot about each other.

I don't blame Pods for losing the ball in the lights, it happens.  The guy just does stuff like this all the time.  I can't understand how a guy with his speed can just be so bad out there.

Anyway, great play by Aaron.

All the time? Try twice this year. Yes, this makes him such a horrible defender. CURSE YOU OUTFIELDERS FOR NOT HAVING A 1.00 FIELDING PERCENTAGE!

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 11:13 AM)
All the time? Try twice this year. Yes, this makes him such a horrible defender. CURSE YOU OUTFIELDERS FOR NOT HAVING A 1.00 FIELDING PERCENTAGE!

The guy just does stuff like this all the time.

I didn't say he always loses balls in the light. I meant he does things like not get reads on the ball all the time. Oh, and STFU.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:43 AM)
Now THAT is funny...just imaginging a catcher spinning around to position himself under a ball he cannot really see...  :D

My best moment was tracking a foul ball near the backstop. As a good catcher I would carry my mask with me until I was under the ball, then throw it far away. That way I wouldn't trip on it if the ball drifted.

So I'm under the ball, I throw the mask and her AWWWWWW s***. I threw it directly into the Umps balls. The game was delayed for 30 minutes while he recovered. :o

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 05:48 PM)
My best moment was tracking a foul ball near the backstop. As a good catcher I would carry my mask with me until I was under the ball, then throw it far away. That way I wouldn't trip on it if the ball drifted.

So I'm under the ball, I throw the mask and her AWWWWWW s***. I threw it directly into the Umps balls. The game was delayed for 30 minutes while he recovered.  :o

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 02:54 AM)
I just thought this play deserved some mentioning.  To be honest, I've never seen that play in the majors before, you look at the start of the play where Rowand was positioned and it's absolutely amazing for him to get to that ball.  Just an absolutely fantastic play by Aaron, possibly a game saver.  This play is almost symbolic of how this season has been, everyone on the team chipping in, players bailing their teammates out in certain situations.  To Aaron :cheers To the White Sox :cheers

I absolutely love this team, they can go along way people, lets enjoy it. :)

exactly what i thought.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)

So I'm under the ball, I throw the mask and her AWWWWWW s***. I threw it directly into the Umps balls. The game was delayed for 30 minutes while he recovered.  :o

lol

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)

Ahahahaha. That's one helluva story lol. :lolhitting :lol:

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 12:21 PM)
You can't say that there just wasn't something special about that happening....

If you call hustling special, sure it was special. I don't think doing exactly what you are paid to do is special, but maybe that is just me.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:54 AM)
I'm glad that Rowand, like the rest of us, figured out that Pods is an awful fielder.  I guess it shows they know a lot about each other.

I don't blame Pods for losing the ball in the lights, it happens.  The guy just does stuff like this all the time.  I can't understand how a guy with his speed can just be so bad out there.

Anyway, great play by Aaron.

He gets the worst jumps on balls. Carl gets better jumps. The difference is Pods has the speed to cover a lot of his mistakes! To many ball fall in front of him for base hits. I can deal with it because of his O. Lets hope A-Row will work with him. :pray