Jason Schmidt News

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 08:12 AM)
If we don't make the trade, we still have a chance at something here.  Giving up 3 pitchers (although one is designated and one is somewhat estranged), just doesn't seem like a good business decision (think the Ritchie trade).

Think of the 25 man roster. You'd be losing Contreras and add Schmidt. If the scouts think Schmidt is near the Schmidt of old, then I'd pull the trigger on the deal.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 08:12 AM)
If we don't make the trade, we still have a chance at something here.  Giving up 3 pitchers (although one is designated and one is somewhat estranged), just doesn't seem like a good business decision (think the Ritchie trade).

Bad comparison...Kenny was hoping that Ritchie would be different with some run support...he took a gamble and it sucked. Schmidt is a proven pitcher, Ritchie was not. Like another poster said, Wells and Fogg suck.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 07:38 AM)
its been like 88 years. trade the whole aaa for all i care.  Just get what we need.  This is a year in baseball where alot of teams are average.

This is so true. This is the White Sox chance. The $200 million Yankees have holes that they won't be able to fill until the offseason, and they will fill them. The Red Sox while still a force, seem to be suffering a post championship letdown, and their bullpen is questionable. The whole NL with the exception of STL is weak. This is the Sox best chance. They can't waste it.

I heard the Giants want Jon Garland, McCarthy and Marte for Schmidt.

LOL you have to be kidding me. The Giants want the world for Schmidt- I just don't see a deal happening here. Its most likely that the Giants won't trade anyone and just wait for Barry Bonds' return for next season. We can put this rumor away now. It just won't happen. It sucks, but it is what it is.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)

LOL you have to be kidding me. The Giants want the world for Schmidt- I just don't see a deal happening here. Its most likely that the Giants won't trade anyone and just wait for Barry Bonds' return for next season. We can put this rumor away now. It just won't happen. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Heard this where?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
Jason Stark was on Mike and Mike this morning saying that the Giants are looking to add pitching around Schmidt, and are NOT looking to trade him.

I heard the same exact thing. He also said that they may consider something if the Sox came up to them and offered Contreras and 2 high prospects. Don't take just part of the conversation so it will fit into your plans or argument.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)

This rumor started a long time ago that the Giants asked for Garland as part of the trade. They can ask for anything they want, that doesn't mean they will get it. Negotiations usually start at the high ends and work toward a middle ground. Don't you think?

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:44 AM)
I heard the same exact thing. He also said that they may consider something if the Sox came up to them and offered Contreras and 2 high prospects. Don't take just part of the conversation so it will fit into your plans or argument.

I took what Mike and Mike gave me. They were playing excerpts of the conversation, and I wrote down exactly what he said. I didnt cut up the conversation at all, sorry that I wasnt up at 7 listening to the whole interview, but my ass was asleep.

And in case you didnt see, I didnt have an argument. I just posted what he said.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:08 AM)
Just so everybody is aware, Schmidt last night:

ND 7 IP 7 H 3 ER 2 BB 10 K

Game was in San Fran.  Is his consistency starting to come back?

I heard the Mike and Mike report too, but what i heard a few days ago, i believe it was gammons (i know not everyone thinks hes reliable) but he said the giants have been shopping schmidt for about a month. if you ask me, they are trying to drive up the price by sayin he isnt available. IMO the giants are nuts to not move him. they are better off trading him for prospects now ,and then using the 10 million dollars they save in free agency next year. this is the real trade KW should be lookin at. it will cost less than burnett in terms of prospects/ml players, youll get a guaranteed year of schmidt next year, whereas burnett could be a rental, and i personally feel that he is a better pitcher and if he gets even close to being 03-04 schmidt, he can dominate a playoff series better than burnett can. to me this deal is a way better option than burnett, who will prolly go to the Os anyways

Jason Schmidt is crap outside of a Giants uniform and always has been....

HE IS NO LONGER ON STEROIDS HE'S NOT AN ACE!

THE FACT IS THAT HE WOULD HAVE AN ERA WELL OVER 6 IN THE CELL...

But Felix Diaz will thank you when he's back on the team because either he or El Duque is injured...

Man i'm sick of you bandwagon fans who don't follow baseball who bring up stupid trade ideas just because the guys name is famous... NO MATTER HOW MUCH WORSE HE IS THEN ANYTHING WE HAVE...

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO JUST IGNORE IT BUT YOU GUYS ARE PISSING ME OFF, SOMEONE HAD TO SAY IT!

JASON SCHMIDT IS OVER, AND IF IT WASN'T FOR BEING INTRODUCED TO BERRY BONDS AND BALCO HE NEVER WOULD OF BEEN! PLEASE GET A FREAKIN' CLUE!

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)

But Felix Diaz will thank you when he's back on the team because either he or El Duque is injured...

Man i'm sick of you bandwagon fans who don't follow baseball who bring up stupid trade ideas just because the guys name is famous... NO MATTER HOW MUCH WORSE HE IS THEN ANYTHING WE HAVE...

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO JUST IGNORE IT BUT YOU GUYS ARE PISSING ME OFF, SOMEONE HAD TO SAY IT!

JASON SCHMIDT IS OVER, AND IF IT WASN'T FOR BEING INTRODUCED TO BERRY BONDS AND BALCO HE NEVER WOULD OF BEEN! PLEASE GET A FREAKIN' CLUE!

Did you want to say something?

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)

:headshake :headshake :headshake :headshake :headshake

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:32 AM)
rock, what else did levine say this morning? anything good?

is it ever??? I think he is the most ignorant piece of s*** on the planet. But no, he didnt have anything good to say. Infact, it was spent talking about how Dusty Baker has the team winning now, because he is a genius to put Hairston and Walker at the top of the order. Maybe its because they are playing the reds and the pirates??? :huh

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:27 AM)
I just hate the thought of giving up anything of value for a steriod fueled has been....

First off there is no reason to think he was on steroids except for the fact that he's on the same team as Bonds which is a stupid reason. Second, he's starting to get his consistancy back, you could tell he still has very good stuff when you watch him pitch which I assume you haven't done. The more and more he continues to pitch the better he's going to get as this year goes on.