White Sox Trade Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
Detroit Radio is reporting the Tigers and Marlins are talking about a deal for Burnett... but the Tigers won't meet the demands of the Marlins wanting Curtis Granderson in the deal.

Crap, I wonder if this means the deal with us fell through. :huh

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan13 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 07:59 PM)
Crap, I wonder if this means the deal with us fell through.  :huh

this is funny when we got Alomar and Everett I was shocked and surprized and I knew Alamar better than Everett but I was happy that a trade might benefit the team. Now that I started following every trade I am really getting frustrated just with the suspense.. Yea ----Nea do we give up the farm or don't trade? We got to trust KW on this one. After all nearly every trade I see presented has poor McCarthy being included I think he can only be trade to one team at a time. :bang

QUOTE(whitesoxfan13 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 12:59 AM)
Crap, I wonder if this means the deal with us fell through.  :huh

Am I the only one rooting for the Sox not to acquire AJB? There's not a chance in hell he resigns here, and we'd have to give up some important pieces for him.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
If it gives us a world series ring, i'd do it...

For once I agree with fathom, I think we've got a great shot at making the playoffs and winning the Series this year, but I don't think Burnett's going to better our postiion.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
For once I agree with fathom, I think we've got a great shot at making the playoffs and winning the Series this year, but I don't think Burnett's going to better our postiion.

We need a stick in the lineup more than AJ Burnett. Someone that has a good BA, good OBP and is more of a doubles hitter. We have enough low BA power hitters. We need someone that we can trust with men on to come up and put the ball in play hard. Not just smack a homer or popup/ground out or K.

All eyes are on the M's. LHRP's Villone, Guardado. Starters Meche, Moyer.

Hitters: Winn, Ibanez. All of them rumored to be for sale to the highest bidder. The White Sox showing interest only in the LHRP's. Most other contenders looking at the entire menu.

As for TAM, the White Sox seem to have the strongest interest in closer Baez, & LHB Huff.

Redman: Pitt's LHSP acquired earlier from the A's is expected to be traded.

The usual suspects have interest. Hopefully Kenny is one of them. Another LHSP at the right price could do wonders for the rotation.

Cincy: Pick 1: Ken Griffey Jr., Wily Mo Pena, Austin Kearns or Adam Dunn.

They can't all stay & the asking price in talent is expected to drop.

Boston: Mueller continues to be mentioned.

All of the above will likely face wheeling & dealing even past the deadline.

The team with the best record in MLB has the worst disadvantage then as all other GM's pretty much have to agree with any trade (what the waiver process really means).

The pipe-dreams left alive by rumors:

Schmidt: A high ranking SF scout has been tailing the WSox for weeks. More so than any other team. That be a sure waste of time if something wasn't going down.

Burnett: Both the RSox & WSox have asked for 72 hr windows to negotiate multi-year contracts with AJB. Some reporters feel that's impossible but they forgot the classic trade approval line: "have agreed in principle to a trade ... subject to ....". That usually fits under the 31st deadline & extends the negotiating window.

Wagner: He's off the market. It looks like a 2 yr extension to remain in Philly is in the works.

Soriano, Matthews: Texas continues to say they are not for sale, but the Mets continue to think Soriano is theirs for the taking.

Manny Ramirez: The wee-wee story was the last straw. Last yr's WS MVP has asked to be traded. It's been confirmed. It remains to be seen how much BOS will chip in & what their asking price will be but the NY papers are all a flutter over the idea of Manny playing LF in Shea.

That's your around the league trade news for today.

I need to go look up Baez's numbers now to see what he brings to the table.

Interesting link by bp on odds of a team making a trade:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statistics/ps_odds.php

Interesting math: I computed 31-32W based on looking at the White Sox post-break avg the past 4 yrs. They computered the same thing running simulations over the remainder of this season.

My guess is the White Sox will exceed that mark.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)
All eyes are on the M's.  LHRP's Villone, Guardado.  Starters Meche, Moyer.

Hitters: Winn, Ibanez.  All of them rumored to be for sale to the highest bidder.  The White Sox showing interest only in the LHRP's.  Most other contenders looking at the entire menu.

As for TAM, the White Sox seem to have the strongest interest in closer Baez, & LHB Huff. 

Redman: Pitt's LHSP acquired earlier from the A's is expected to be traded.

The usual suspects have interest.  Hopefully Kenny is one of them.  Another LHSP at the right price could do wonders for the rotation.

Cincy: Pick 1: Ken Griffey Jr., Wily Mo Pena, Austin Kearns or Adam Dunn.

They can't all stay & the asking price in talent is expected to drop. 

Boston: Mueller continues to be mentioned.

All of the above will likely face wheeling & dealing even past the deadline.

The team with the best record in MLB has the worst disadvantage then as all other GM's pretty much have to agree with any trade (what the waiver process really means).

The pipe-dreams left alive by rumors:

Schmidt: A high ranking SF scout has been tailing the WSox for weeks. More so than any other team.  That be a sure waste of time if something wasn't going down.

Burnett: Both the RSox & WSox have asked for 72 hr windows to negotiate multi-year contracts with AJB.  Some reporters feel that's impossible but they forgot the classic trade approval line: "have agreed in principle to a trade ... subject to ....".  That usually fits under the 31st deadline & extends the negotiating window.

Wagner: He's off the market.  It looks like a 2 yr extension to remain in Philly is in the works.

Soriano, Matthews: Texas continues to say they are not for sale, but the Mets continue to think Soriano is theirs for the taking. 

Manny Ramirez: The wee-wee story was the last straw.  Last yr's WS MVP has asked to be traded. It's been confirmed.  It remains to be seen how much BOS will chip in & what their asking price will be but the NY papers are all a flutter over the idea of Manny playing LF in Shea. 

That's your around the league trade news for today. 

I need to go look up Baez's numbers now to see what he brings to the table.

juggsy, i think the schmidt thing is ia pipedream, i think it might happen for real...im readin some places that the sox are higher on schmidt than burnett. this could be classic KW too, get everyone to think you are goin after AJ, then slide in and get schmidt. the GM and 3 scouts dont jsut go to watch a guy if there isnt serious interest. if i had to bet, id think schmidt is more likely to happen than burnett. i think hes closer to a true top line stud than burnett is anyways, and thats what Kw wants

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
juggsy, i think the schmidt thing is ia pipedream, i think it might happen for real...im readin some places that the sox are higher on schmidt than burnett. this could be classic KW too, get everyone to think you are goin after AJ, then slide in and get schmidt. the GM and 3 scouts dont jsut go to watch a guy if there isnt serious interest. if i had to bet, id think schmidt is more likely to happen than burnett. i think hes closer to a true top line stud than burnett is anyways, and thats what Kw wants

100% agreement. Especially since Burnett appears to be unwilling to sign an extension.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 10:11 AM)

Anyone mention that Jim Hendry is seriously interested in trading for Soriano? He's willing to give up Correy Patterson.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
Anyone mention that Jim Hendry is seriously interested in trading for Soriano? He's willing to give up Correy Patterson.

Why wouldn't he be willing to give him up, he has little trade value right now and it makes NO sense for the Rangers to want him in any trade as any more than a throw in for any deal they make with the Cubs.

OK, I'm leaving for Vegas Sunday morning, but I don't want to miss posting my knee jerk reaction to any trade, or lack thereof by KW. So I'm just going to post 2 items here, generic approval of KW and a rip job of KW. I usually like to post reactionary then regret them later and don't want to miss my opportunity...

Wow, great trade KW!!! I'm so f'n pumped right now. I love how agressive you are, you really addressed a need for this team.

Jesus KW, you suck. I can't believe that trade (or that you didn't make a trade). You are nothing but a fluke GM who deserves to be fired.

Thanks guys!!

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
OK, I'm leaving for Vegas Sunday morning, but I don't want to miss posting my knee jerk reaction to any trade, or lack thereof by KW.  So I'm just going to post 2 items here, generic approval of KW and a rip job of KW.  I usually like to post reactionary then regret them later and don't want to miss my opportunity...

Wow, great trade KW!!!  I'm so f'n pumped right now.  I love how agressive you are, you really addressed a need for this team.

Jesus KW, you suck.  I can't believe that trade (or that you didn't make a trade).  You are nothing but a fluke GM who deserves to be fired.

Thanks guys!!

We'll be sure to revert you back to this post on Monday so you can do some editing... ;)

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
OK, I'm leaving for Vegas Sunday morning, but I don't want to miss posting my knee jerk reaction to any trade, or lack thereof by KW.  So I'm just going to post 2 items here, generic approval of KW and a rip job of KW.  I usually like to post reactionary then regret them later and don't want to miss my opportunity...

Wow, great trade KW!!!  I'm so f'n pumped right now.  I love how agressive you are, you really addressed a need for this team.

Jesus KW, you suck.  I can't believe that trade (or that you didn't make a trade).  You are nothing but a fluke GM who deserves to be fired.

Thanks guys!!

Planning ahead and taking the neccesary procedures. I like it.