White Sox Trade Thread

Chisoxfn

Schmidt last 8 starts

55 Innings 4-2 record 2.61 ERA 1.25 whip 51 k's

7/8 quality starts

If a deal goes through I would like to see them pick up Schmidt. He's back to form now....and If the Giants are willing to trade him....KW needs to make it happen.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 10:44 AM)
That's the thing.  None of these teams are really out of it, and they're not going to act that way. 

Yes, the Giants are 45-57, 5.5 out of 1st.  However, the Padres are leading the division at 51-52.  Ridiculous.

Incredibly rediculous. UNDER .500....holy s***!!!!!

From BP:

The White Sox are still after Billy Wagner, sweetening their offer to include embattled third baseman Joe Crede, in addition to Brandon McCarthy and Damaso Marte. Is Wagner the equivalent (or better) of A.J. Burnett? VORP doesn't think so. Wagner comes in at 17.6 while Burnett is five runs better at 22.6. Still, it's not a bad deal, assuming Ed Wade and Kenny Williams are using the trade analyzer in Team Tracker.

Yesterday's post, so have at it.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
BP reported the Sox have made what  they called their final push and I interpreted as final offers for Burnett, Wagner, and Huff and will take the first one that is agreed upon because the offers have common players.

and if its none? what happens if miami agrees and the sox spend some time signing AJ, and then philly calls and says ok lol .

From the various rumors I speculate that:

Plan A Clemons

Plan B Schmidt Vizquel

Plan C Wagner

Plan D Burnett Lowell

Plan E Huff Baez

Plan A will not happen

If Plan B goes through, Sox are set.

If Plan C happens, Sox trade for Mackowiak (especially if Crede is in the trade)

If Plan D happens, Keep Lowell and use Burnett to make plan C happen

If Plan E happens probably nothing else will

I think we will most likely end up with plan F. KW is not predictable. If Uribe, AJ, ARow, and Dye swinging the bat better, the Sox will be OK whatever move they make. It's been fun having the Sox be part of all of the rumors.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
I'd like to see if they could get Tony Clark cheap.  He could fill in at 1B/DH and is having a good year pinch hitting.  I wouldn't want to give up too much, though.

Tony Clark is having a fine year. He also is capable of going 6-80. His track record the last several years indicates he's due for a massive slump. Arizona is only a couple of games out. I would doubt that they would trade him unless the Sox really overpaid. He's not worth it.

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
From the various rumors I speculate that:

Plan A  Clemons

Plan B Schmidt Vizquel

Plan C  Wagner

Plan D  Burnett Lowell

Plan E  Huff Baez

Plan A will not happen

If Plan B goes through, Sox are set.

If Plan C happens, Sox trade for Mackowiak (especially if Crede is in the trade)

If Plan D happens, Keep Lowell and use Burnett to make plan C happen

If Plan E happens probably nothing else will

I think we will most likely end up with plan F.  KW is not predictable.  If Uribe, AJ, ARow, and Dye swinging the bat better, the Sox will be OK whatever move they make.  It's been fun having the Sox be part of all of the rumors.

You shouldn't have even added Plan A. I know you said it will not happen but IMO there was no point because the Astros are right back in it. Asides from that, which is no big deal, I'd prefer plan B most. Then plan D. Then plan C ONLY if Crede is not involved. Then Plan E. I hope KW does something to improve this team but I just dont see too many teams willing to trade. I honestly think it is between Plan C, D, and E.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
From BP:

The White Sox are still after Billy Wagner, sweetening their offer to include embattled third baseman Joe Crede, in addition to Brandon McCarthy and Damaso Marte. Is Wagner the equivalent (or better) of A.J. Burnett? VORP doesn't think so. Wagner comes in at 17.6 while Burnett is five runs better at 22.6. Still, it's not a bad deal, assuming Ed Wade and Kenny Williams are using the trade analyzer in Team Tracker.

Yesterday's post, so have at it.

That's way too much to give.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
That's way too much to give.

I agree...right now I would think that the Sox are trying to sure up for the post-season. They already have the starting pitching to make it through the playoffs. They can pitch Buerhle, Garcia, and Graland in the first round and add El Duque in the seven game series'. IMO since Burnett would obviously not be willing to sign an extension even if he was traded here, it is a lost cause trying to trade for a SP. We have that already. We could use some help in the bullpen just as every other team could, but dont forget that we have to stud MRP in Politte and Cotts. Not well known names but they do the job as well as anybody and dont get enough credit for it. I think that the one major need for the Sox would be to add a bat in the lineup. I dont think that it has to be a major name in order to do this. Just someone who can add a little consistency in the lineup and be a threat to drive in runs in the post season. Our major need is depth throughout the lineup. So if we can add one or two solid players like Mackowiak or someone like that we will be fine. The team is 32 games over .500 in the tougher AL for a reason. It is as good a team as any in the majors and with a couple minor tweaks.

Thanks. I like the Blum pick up. The team needed a pickup vs RHers & Blum's got some interesting numbers. 3 yr avg vs RHers: .261/.713, 05 vs RHers: .248/.723. So he seem's like a consistent 700OPS guy vs RHers.

Nothing special but an improvement over say Harris or Ozuna on our bench.

Seems boring, but then look at his other splits:

3 yr avg:

vs Finesse pitchers .380/.978

vs Groundball pitchers .285/.818

He's gotten hot since the break as well: .261/.915

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/battin...Type=2&type=reg

Take a look at who he can replace off the bench when we face a finesse/groundball pitcher.

This was a smart move by Kenny.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

• 2 weeks later...