Carrie Woods hurt again

southsider2k5

I feel kind of bad for the guy. After his last injury he worked really hard to try and fix his mechanics so he can stay healthy and pitch deep into games. Now after 3-4 starts he gets injured again. I still remember watching him his rookie year and thinking absolutely amazing.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 02:09 AM)
I feel kind of bad for the guy.  After his last injury he worked really hard to try and fix his mechanics so he can stay healthy and pitch deep into games.  Now after 3-4 starts he gets injured again.  I still remember watching him his rookie year and thinking absolutely amazing.

He hasn't changed his mechanics at all virtually his whole career, that has been his problem and part of the reason he is injured so often.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
I feel kind of bad for the guy.  After his last injury he worked really hard to try and fix his mechanics so he can stay healthy and pitch deep into games.  Now after 3-4 starts he gets injured again.  I still remember watching him his rookie year and thinking absolutely amazing.

Saying "he has finally started working on his mechanics" was the fashionable thing to do right after he came back and had a good first game.

But when he came out against the Bravos and they started hitting him hard, all the old motions came right back.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 04:16 AM)
Saying "he has finally started working on his mechanics" was the fashionable thing to do right after he came back and had a good first game.

But when he came out against the Bravos and they started hitting him hard, all the old motions came right back.

Actually they said he was working on his mechanics b4 his 1st start back and that was part of the reason doing a couple extra rehab starts and such.

The cubs trainer said this is the same thing that had him out earlier in the year. It's tightness, the guy has to play through this, he's a pussy. Like fathom said everytime he has a bad game all the sudden his shoulder hurts. The cubs keep saying they want to be careful with him, then he comes back and gets the same thing, they should just make him pitch through it.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
Fla would probably do Burnett for Wood. Maybe a prospect or two would have to be added into the deal from the Cubs side, but Burnett is basically the uninjured version of Wood.

Except of course for all those times Burnett has been on the DL.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
If I was Hendry, I would be on the phone with FLA, LA, SF etc to see if I can get one of their arms for one of the "big two" on the cubs.

If I were him, I'd be trying to move Wood also, but I can't imagine anyone taking a guy who goes on the DL for 2 months every 3 starts.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
If I were him, I'd be trying to move Wood also, but I can't imagine anyone taking a guy who goes on the DL for 2 months every 3 starts.

But he's really good. He and Mark Prior are the best two pitchers in baseball. Let's see how the Sox would do without Buerhle and Garcia.

Those were arguments made by my cub fan friends about why the Sox are in first and the Cubs arent and when I said Wood is the most overrated pitcher in Major League Baseball.