White Sox vs. Red Sox 7/23 Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
Crede isn't going anywhere.  With Frank out, I'm all for trying to pick up another DH.  Everett is such a streaky hitter, and if he starts to tank, we can't keep playing him like we had to do earlier in the year.

Well we do have Gload, but it looks like he isn't going to get an ab this year!

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:34 AM)
I do not disagree with you at all.

I'd love to see a bat brought in, a guy who takes a ton of pitches, makes the other guy work, draws walks, goes the other way, etc. and can play multiple positions.  I have been beating the Ryan Freel drum for a while but now that they've traded Randa, the chances of the Reds trading Freel are slim IMO.

Freel isn't likely to get traded. I'm not sure teams fully trust him off the field. I'm not sure how getting another grinder will help this team. We need some production in this offense.

Lets see: 

- Sox ran themselves out of the first inning

- Juan Urine has had some terrible ABs

- Sox gave Miller the first out in the 3rd inning because we bunted when we were down 2, and only had one runner on base (I hate smallball at the Cell!).

- More than 10 pitches where the Sox hitters weakly fouled off pitches right down the plate.

- Timo Perez swinging at everything thrown his way, and trying to pull a 2-1 fastball weakly to 2nd base.

So, your position is, Wade Miller gets no credit, the blame lays entirely on the White Sox offense? Is that what you're saying? I'm taking the exact same approach with you as I did with the Neal Cotts-Manny Ramirez discussion the other nite in case you didn't notice.

I believe you understand the game a lot better, and much of what's coming out is venting ... for which I do not blame you tonite.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:36 AM)
Well we do have Gload, but it looks like he isn't going to get an ab this year!

If we're counting on Gload to be a catalyst for our offense, we're in trouble. It should be pretty obvious he's not exactly a favorite of Ozzie's.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
man o man whre is Dye and Gload !

You need to proof read your posts, they're very hard to read most of the time. I know what you're saying here but use some punctuation at times, please.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
You need to proof read your posts, they're very hard to read most of the time.  I know what you're saying here but use some punctuation at times, please.

will do , I just tend to type to fast.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:36 AM)
So, your position is, Wade Miller gets no credit, the blame lays entirely on the White Sox offense?  Is that what you're saying?  I'm taking the exact same approach with you as I did with the Neal Cotts-Manny Ramirez discussion the other nite in case you didn't notice.

I believe you understand the game a lot better, and much of what's coming out is venting ... for which I do not blame you tonite.

Miller gets the credit for not beating himself. He threw the strikes when he needed, and got bailed out by the Sox hitters. I'll say this: if he was facing the Yankees offense tonight with the stuff he had, he wouldn't have made it out of the 3rd inning. We should have had 5 runs by the time the 3rd inning was over. I know the Sox like to take the approach that there's no superstars in the offense....but we need someone that we can count on in this lineup to be able to have consistent ABs in crucial spots.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:40 AM)
This is absolutely pathetic. Full House, against the Bo Sox, on Wgn.................... I think it's safe to say we play alot better with less exposure  :(

So you're saying we're going to finish the year good :bang

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:37 AM)
Oakland winning again, that Rookie Swisher is on fire . Why cant we give rooks a chance to flourish? Anderson or Young.    :bang

They are both outfielders and our OF is pretty full. Anderson still strikes out too much and Young has been injured for a while now and can't even run, let alone play. Does that answer your questions?

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
Pods, Everett, Konerko, A.J., Juan, Crede are all dead pull hitters.  Rowand and Timo are mostly pull hitters and Iguchi is the only one who can go opposite way.  Who wants to bet we score 2 next inning?

Pods, a dead pull hitter??

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
If we're counting on Gload to be a catalyst for our offense, we're in trouble.  It should be pretty obvious he's not exactly a favorite of Ozzie's.

The guy did hit over .320 last year w/ quite a few clutch hits. I'd at least give him a chance

Miller gets the credit for not beating himself.  He threw the strikes when he needed, and got bailed out by the Sox hitters.  I'll say this:  if he was facing the Yankees offense tonight with the stuff he had, he wouldn't have made it out of the 3rd inning.  We should have had 5 runs by the time the 3rd inning was over.  I know the Sox like to take the approach that there's no superstars in the offense....but we need someone that we can count on in this lineup to be able to have consistent ABs in crucial spots.

I will take it a step further, Miller gets credit for making some very good pitches.

It's a given the Sox hitters did not do a good job when Miller made hittable pitches.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:42 AM)
Pods, a dead pull hitter??

I wasn't shaking my head at that. If anything, I think Pods is better when he tries to pull the ball. Sometimes, he gets too cute at the plate, and just punches the ball right to the SS.