White Sox vs. Red Sox 7/23 Game Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
I might be the only one that feels this way, but I don't give a flying f*** if the Sox disappoint the big crowds.  They deserve big crowds for the rest of the season with how they've played this year.  If someone doesn't show up for future games cause they lost the game they went to, then they're not real fans anyways.

I totally disagree with you, they have not drawn very well last 3 years and SOX have to show people something when the go. 39,000 (DET... they could not get 14,000 on a weekend) plus is great for the Sox but for some reason they are losing game after game when full even though the have a good record. Diehard Sox fans like us it does not matter but for the guy finally coming back to the Cell it means alot to them to make a good impression again.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if throwing about 50 fastballs right down the middle is REAL good, then maybe i should try out  for the Sox.  :rolly

With a name like yours, maybe you should. Before you do though, you may want to get those eyes checked, Miller had the great curveball working and changed speeds very well. I'm not one who likes giving credit to the opposing pitcher either, but it was pretty clear to me ... and to Ozzie, DJ, Harrelson, Rooney, Farmer ... some of whom are noted homers.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
They'll make the playoffs.  Come September, when the games count, they will come around.

Gimme an S, Gimme an O, Gimme an X, GO SOX. Rah rah sis boom bah. Everybody's counting their chickens well before they're hatched. This team has to show me they have the intestinal fortitude to play with the big boys. I, for one, am not convinced.

Gimme an S, Gimme an O, Gimme an X, GO SOX.  Rah rah sis boom bah.  Everybody's counting their chickens well before they're hatched.  This team has to show me they have the intestinal fortitude to play with the big boys.  I, for one, am not convinced.

Let's hope they play up to your expectations the rest of the way.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:04 AM)
I totally disagree with you, they have not drawn very well last 3 years and SOX have to show people something when the go. 39,000 (DET... they could not get 14,000 on a weekend) plus is great for the Sox but for some reason they are losing game after game when full even though the have a good record. Diehard Sox fans like us it does not matter but for the guy finally coming back to the Cell it means alot to them to make a good impression again.

Like I said, if Sox fans don't come to support a team that is in the middle of a pennant race, then we don't deserve to have a first place team. I, for one, am not concerned at all about fans not showing up at games.

The problem is that there really isn't a whole lot on the trade market in terms of players who will significantly upgrade the offense. Mackowiak or Freel would be nice additions, but there needs to be a massive revamping of the infield which KW seems to be afraid of, and I don't really blame him much.

The problem is that there really isn't a whole lot on the trade market in terms of players who will significantly upgrade the offense. Mackowiak or Freel would be nice additions, but there needs to be a massive revamping of the infield which KW seems to be afraid of, and I don't really blame him much.

Well, you can revamp it by getting one guy, and that guy is Vizquel.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:04 PM)
With a name like yours, maybe you should.  Before you do though, you may want to get those eyes checked, Miller had the great curveball working and changed speeds very well.  I'm not one who likes giving credit to the opposing pitcher either, but it was pretty clear to me ... and to Ozzie, DJ, Harrelson, Rooney, Farmer ... some of whom are noted homers.

Dj and Hawk echoed my sentiments throughout the entire game! And I'm not one to always agree w/ them :bang Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:06 AM)

Mackowiak doesn't seem to be doing very well lately. And in case you weren't in chat the other day, Freel has off the field issues. We don't need another righty utility infielder.

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
Gimme an S, Gimme an O, Gimme an X, GO SOX.  Rah rah sis boom bah.  Everybody's counting their chickens well before they're hatched.  This team has to show me they have the intestinal fortitude to play with the big boys.  I, for one, am not convinced.

I feel the same way. They still haven't convinced me they could play with the big boys. With that August schedule, that could be a problem.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:07 AM)
Well, you can revamp it by getting one guy, and that guy is Vizquel.

I couldn't agree with you more. Vizquel is always a tough out, and someone the opposition doesn't want to face in a big situation. I GUARANTEE you that he can hit a sac fly just as well as Uribe can.

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 09:05 PM)

I agree. And we still havent faced the Yankees and they have gotten healthy and are just pounding the ball. That frightens me.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:09 AM)
well. lets win two of four and then kick kansas city's ass and things should be ok.

If we think things are bad now, I can't imagine what it will be like if we lose 2 out of 3 to KC, with our top 3 pitchers going.

Mackowiak doesn't seem to be doing very well lately.  And in case you weren't in chat the other day, Freel has off the field issues.  We don't need another righty utility infielder.

Well, Freel's issues with booze are supposedly resolved, and I love his stolen base total, walk vs. strikeout ratio, ability to play multiple positions, batting average, grit, and more.

He's a perfect fit and he could move your buddy Timo right off the roster, care to reconsider?

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)

Yay, rah, sis, boom, bah, I hope we f***ing suck donkey dick the rest of the way just so you're right.

:rolly

I HATE THIS f***ING TEAM. THEY WILL CHOKE. f*** THIS. I'M GONNA b**** BECAUSE THEY SUCK.

:rolly

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
With a name like yours, maybe you should.  Before you do though, you may want to get those eyes checked, Miller had the great curveball working and changed speeds very well.  I'm not one who likes giving credit to the opposing pitcher either, but it was pretty clear to me ... and to Ozzie, DJ, Harrelson, Rooney, Farmer ... some of whom are noted homers.

Bill Melton just said that this team can only score runs right now via the long ball. They dont do the same things they did to start the season. He said outside of yesterday we havent been hitting good at all. That every team seems to 5 hit us.

Its not just me making these comments.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:09 AM)
I agree.  We still gotta face the Yankees and they have gotten healthy.  That frightens me.

So you're saying you don't think we can beat them in low scoring game at the Cell?

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)

As much as I would have been opposed to this as little as a week ago, I think KW should make a run at Griffey. With Thomas out, he can save his legs part time and DH him. He still has prodigious power. His bat has slowed so he may flourish in the breaking ball happy AL. I have no idea what Cincinatti would want. I doubt they want any outfielders, and how much you gave up probably is tied to how much of the contract you are willing to assume.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:08 PM)
Mackowiak doesn't seem to be doing very well lately.  And in case you weren't in chat the other day, Freel has off the field issues.  We don't need another righty utility infielder.

He's a very streaky hitter and while he would be an upgrade over Crede offensively, he isn't a big presence that would help the lineup. As for Freel, please don't lump him in with Pablo Ozuna. Freel can play anywhere but does this crazy thing called take walks.

Edited by Cerbaho-WG

So if our Sox win tomorrow do you think Bosox fans start ending their teams playoff chances?? I mean that'd be a split maybe they can't play with the big boys either. I don't know, maybe the Red Sox should start selling if they lose tomorrow. Crap, what is that?? They're 9.5 games worse then our Sox and 10.5 worse if they lose tomorrow. s***, they can't play with the big boys, they're done.