Sox @ Royals 7/25/05 Game Thread

bjm676

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
That's Willie's fault?  I thought the RF'er is supposed to take charge and call him off, 'cause he has a better view of where the ball is gonna land...?

Iguchi doesn't even get to that ball, but I digress...

Yes, that was Willie's fault. He was right there to make the play and just stopped a couple feet from the ball. Like he was scared he was gonna drop the ball.

But he sucks, so oh well.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
Anyone forget how sweet Dye is?

PS Jenks will get some work tonight, here comes some gas.  And if Marte doesnt get in at all..........

Jenks is going to fock up the AAA Royals tonight.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
That's Willie's fault?  I thought the RF'er is supposed to take charge and call him off, 'cause he has a better view of where the ball is gonna land...?

Iguchi doesn't even get to that ball, but I digress...

Jermaine didn't have a chance at that. I don't blame willie though, to be honest he probably had that collision with Maggs running through his head. Not many 2nd baseman make that play, if any.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 01:55 AM)
Jermaine didn't have a chance at that.  I don't blame willie though, to be honest he probably had that collision with Maggs running through his head.  Not many 2nd baseman make that play, if any.

That's what I was thinking, too.

I don't mind when someone b****es at him for his performance at the plate. Rip away at his .285 or so OBP. But you're reachin' if you're ripping him for a play that no other 2B makes.