7-27-05 Game thread Sox @ KC

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
Damn Carl got thrown out for nothing.  He was gesturing that the pitch was outside on the way back to the bench and they ran him for that.  All the arguing was done after he got tossed.

To me, that's communicating to the guys coming up what to expect. Yet, the ump was giving him the evil eye as he was doing it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
Damn Carl got thrown out for nothing.  He was gesturing that the pitch was outside on the way back to the bench and they ran him for that.  All the arguing was done after he got tossed.

That's about as stupid as when AJ got thrown out for tossing his bat after being called on on strike 3 and wouldn't pick up his bat.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
That's about as stupid as when AJ got thrown out for tossing his bat after being called on on strike 3 and wouldn't pick up his bat.

These umps are getting f***ing ridiculous. If a player is walking away, let them walk ... They are not being confrontational.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)

Or when Crede got tossed in Oakland after all of the HBP BS. WHo is the ump today? He is horrible.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)
These umps are getting f***ing ridiculous.  If a player is walking away, let them walk ... They are not being confrontational.

They act like babies sometimes.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
To me, that's communicating to the guys coming up what to expect.  Yet, the ump was giving him the evil eye as he was doing it.

Carl's always verbal with his hands after he strikes out or just gets out, it's just what he does. Umps are to damn sensitive, it's ridiculous.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
"That's f***ed up"--The great Carl Everett. :lol:

I was vacationing in Boston when Carl melted down against the Mets and threw the tantrum -- can't believe I caught that game. He's got an explosive temper.

Also in Anaheim the mic picked him up yelling to a fan "f*** you and your mother" on his way back to the dugout. classic!

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
I was vacationing in Boston when Carl melted down against the Mets and threw the tantrum -- can't believe I caught that game. He's got an explosive temper.

Also in Anaheim the mic picked him up yelling to a fan "f*** you and your mother" on his way back to the dugout. classic!

Gotta lov Carl! :headbang

Umps used to walk away from confrontation if at all possible. Now, they instigate it. I don't know if they want TV time or what, but it sucks. Hunter Wendelstadt is not that only ump that's not a pimple on Harry Wendlestadt's ass.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)

Whoo, potty mouth. Nice to see some fire. Doesn't warrant getting tossed though.