Back To Business Game Thread 7-29-05

aboz56

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
hawk just said that nevin was traded for chan ho park, problem is both players have a no trade.

Nevin's no trade clause doesn't apply to Texas, but Chan Ho does have one, and will likely wave it according to Rotoworld:

The Padres and Rangers have agreed to swap Phil Nevin and Chan Ho Park, with Park heading to San Diego if he is willing to waive his no-trade clause.

The Rangers aren't on Nevin's no-trade list. Park can veto the deal, but he's expected to accept it. Obviously, it'd be a great switch for his ERA and the Padres are more likely than the Rangers to advance to the postseason. Right now, there doesn't seem to be much room for Nevin in the Texas lineup, although a Richard Hidalgo trade could change that. With the roster as is, he should only play against left-handers. Jul. 29 - 7:45 pm et

Edited by AWhiteSoxinNJ

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
Nevin's no trade clause doesn't apply to Texas, but Chan Ho does have one, and will likely wave it according to Rotoworld:

The Padres and Rangers have agreed to swap Phil Nevin and Chan Ho Park, with Park heading to San Diego if he is willing to waive his no-trade clause.

The Rangers aren't on Nevin's no-trade list. Park can veto the deal, but he's expected to accept it. Obviously, it'd be a great switch for his ERA and the Padres are more likely than the Rangers to advance to the postseason. Right now, there doesn't seem to be much room for Nevin in the Texas lineup, although a Richard Hidalgo trade could change that. With the roster as is, he should only play against left-handers. Jul. 29 - 7:45 pm et

just what texas needed, more bats. Tells me they have another deal pending.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
hawk just said that nevin was traded for chan ho park, problem is both players have a no trade.

The Rangers must be packing it in. Haven't they already realized that more offense won't get them anywhere without pitching? Yes, I know Park isn't good, but why take another expensive offensive weapon?

This must also be opening the door for another trade, since they already have Teixeira at 1B and Dellucci (I think) at DH.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
The Rangers must be packing it in.  Haven't they already realized that more offense won't get them anywhere without pitching?  Yes, I know Park isn't good, but why take another expensive offensive weapon?

Just two teams wanting to move bad contracts basically.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
The Rangers must be packing it in.  Haven't they already realized that more offense won't get them anywhere without pitching?  Yes, I know Park isn't good, but why take another expensive offensive weapon?

This must also be opening the door for another trade, since they already have Teixeira at 1B and Dellucci (I think) at DH.

really why would they want Nevin, unless they've found another suitor? he can also play 3rd, but the Rangers have got Blalock. seriously, the Rangers run a terrible organization, if they didn't have a big budget and that infield they'd be the Royals.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
really why would they want Nevin, unless they've found another suitor?  he can also play 3rd, but the Rangers have got Blalock.  seriously, the Rangers run a terrible organization, if they didn't have a big budget and that infield they'd be the Royals.

Blalock to the White Sox?

Seriously though, that'd be awesome.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
Blalock to the White Sox?

Seriously though, that'd be awesome.

so would all the superstars in the NFL deciding to take huge paycuts to sign with the Bears and go 16-0, but I don't think it's happening.