Which Sox Prospects do you Think Are Untouchable

White Sox Josh

These are the prospects that i would like KW not to trade at the deadline this year:

Brian Anderson

Sean Tracey or McCarthy(don't trade both)

Josh Fields

Bobby Jenks(not a prospect anymore however still a young player)

Maybe Chris Young

Gio Gonzalez(unless it's a great deal)

Who do you guys think are untouchable.

Edited by White Sox Josh

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 01:26 AM)
either Tracey or McCarthy, not both.

I doubt they'd be included in the same deal anyway, I'm just curious if you rate Tracey higher than others (although I know Jason really likes him).

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 10:27 AM)
I doubt they'd be included in the same deal anyway, I'm just curious if you rate Tracey higher than others (although I know Jason really likes him).

I think that he has a ton of potential and while I would rank McCarthy higher than him, McCarthy could get the Sox a lot in return. He is a power-pitcher and he is really the only SP that is a power pitcher for the Sox in the upper levels. He needs to improve his control however he has great stuff.

Basically Young is the only guy I wouldn't trade. Jenks value has to be so high that it might be worth it to deal him. The only other guy I really like in the minors is Anderson, but he is really the best fit for a trade. We don't have a spot for him yet and he's practically ready now.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
No one is untouchable to me anymore.

The only one I'd consider untouchable is Jenks because he's already producing for the Sox besides that no prospect is untouchable in my mind. Closest thing to untouchable for me is Bmac.

No one is untouchable in the right deal.

That's about as simple as you can put it.

Now guys I don't want to see traded would be, in this order:

1) Anderson

2) Young

3) Gio

4) Valido

5) Jenks

Chris Young

Robert Valido

Gio Gonzalez

Ray Liotta

Brandon McCarthy

Lance Broadway

Brian Anderson, in the right mix of a deal, can bring you a front-of-the-rotation starter. So far, Ryan Sweeney would have to be part of a major deal.

I wouldn't trade Brandon McCarthy at all. If, to some, this kid reminds any Sox fan of Jack McDowell, why would you want to trade him? Sean Tracey, meanwhile, again in the right mix of a deal, can get you a good hitter or pitcher too.

Ray Liotta and Gio Gonzalez are untouchable IMO because they are your two best LHPs in the minors for your farm system. You have to have as much and as many LHPs as possible.

Lance and Robert because of their upside mainly.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
Thomas Brice.  :D

And I'd trade Anderson before I'd trade Sweeney.

no way, sweeney is all hype with no production...yeah hes young but ehs got 0 pop....the best he could turn into is another jeremy reed without speed...he has yet to hit a single homer, correct?

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
no way, sweeney is all hype with no production...yeah hes young but ehs got 0 pop....the best he could turn into is another jeremy reed without speed...he has yet to hit a single homer, correct?

He's also playing in a field where HRs are extremely hard to hit. Sweeney is one of the youngest players in AA and has time to develop power. According to BARONS he has hit several doubles/triples this year at home that would be HRs in virtually any other ballpark at any other level of play.