Another Suspension from Steroids is coming

JDsDirtySox

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
Like I said in the other post, it probably won't be announced until Monday.

Somebody said it might be a joke, so I just wanted to see if it actually ended up being one. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a joke before I anticipated this on Monday.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
Somebody said it might be a joke, so I just wanted to see if it actually ended up being one.  Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a joke before I anticipated this on Monday.

He did not say it jokingly, or for use in some radio skit. I don't even know that this will be announced Monday, it could be longer than that.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
Yeah, but there's not a chance in hell that they'll do it.  If it's Giambi, he should be shot in the head for being such a dumbass.

I feel the same way about Raffy. But Raffy went ahead and shot his ass up(supposedly) anyways.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
I feel the same way about Raffy. But Raffy went ahead and shot his ass up(supposedly) anyways.

I really wonder if he saw his 1 home run and .247 average in May and decided he needed some help.

According to ESPN, since early May he's been hitting 1 home run every 14 at bats, which qualifies as the fastest rate in his career.

Giambi had an even worse start to the season...and suddenly has kicked it up over the last 2 months.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)
I really wonder if he saw his 1 home run and .247 average in May and decided he needed some help.

According to ESPN, since early May he's been hitting 1 home run every 14 at bats, which qualifies as the fastest rate in his career.

Giambi had an even worse start to the season...and suddenly has kicked it up over the last 2 months.

Or, you have to wonder if him or every player in the league isn't using Human Growth Hormone, which work better than anabolic steroids and are undetectable by this policy because you'd need a blood test to detect it, the MLB policy is crap, from the commishioner, to the punishments, to the testing process itself!

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 01:40 PM)
Why not just announce the damned name?  Why wait?

They have to get there chance to apeal. So if by chance which is slim to none they win the case there name is tainted for life with steriods.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)
They have to get there chance to apeal. So if by chance which is slim to none they win the case there name is tainted for life with steriods.

I figured if they were saying that they are going to announce Monday that the appeals would have happened already. Why say anything if the appeals process hasn't happened?

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
I figured if they were saying that they are going to announce Monday that the appeals would have happened already.  Why say anything if the appeals process hasn't happened?

I dont think MLB ever said monday thats just what most people seem to think.