BBTN special ON NOW

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Fotop @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
But in all seriousness, this isn't the end of being able to adjust our team...many good players get dealt in the waiver period (take larry walker last year for example).

Like last year, a lot of trades may be announced thirtyplus minutes after the deadline.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)
BP is now reporting Youkilis and Jose Cruz JR. for Romero. They think its a done deal.

Three prospects for Romero (essentially)? I guess that's ok for the red sox...they were pretty desperate for bullpen help. Youkilis is a good addition for the Twins, fills their gap at third, and romero was a bit expendable.

Fine, Jim, not Baj.  What about Diaz or Munoz?  Both doing much better than Adkins, and Diaz has been coming off an injury. 

Adkins isn't good.  Not one bit.

Totally agree Keith. They really have no one who's that good down there at Charlotte when I stop and think about it.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
BP is now reporting Youkilis and Jose Cruz JR. for Romero. They think its a done deal.

Makes sense. Good deal for the BoSox, and the Twins needed a CF (Cruz could do it or Jacque or Lew could move and Ford could play a corner spot) and than Youkilis is a quality 3rd bagger.

Romero is a stud reliever which Boston could really use.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
Tampa Bay needs to be demolished, they have no idea what they're doing.

Actually I think we're seeing the final days of Chuck Lamar. He's pretty much destroyed all relations with most GMs. This deadline especially, he could have gotten some great deals...but he tried to play chicken and got burned.

I doubt the Devil Rays ownership really cares all that much, but if they want to change their image Lamar needs to get the boot.

QUOTE(Fotop @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
Actually I think we're seeing the final days of Chuck Lamar. He's pretty much destroyed all relations with most GMs. This deadline especially, he could have gotten some great deals...but he tried to play chicken and got burned.

I doubt the Devil Rays ownership really cares all that much, but if they want to change their image Lamar needs to get the boot.

He's an absolutely horrid GM.

A few more could trickle in over the next couple of hours.

I would've liked Huff. But I think bullpen guys and a bat will become available in August. Would rather have gotten it done now but one thing for sure, it wasn't for lack of trying by Williams and staff. I can all but guarantee he is the most pissed off guy right now.