Stump the Schwab

Kyyle23

This was just posted on the chicagosports.com messageboard.

Hey Chicago Sports fans.  We will soon be heading to Chicago to hold an open casting call for season three of Stump the Schwab.  For those of you who don’t know, STS is a sports trivia show that airs daily on ESPN.  We will be looking for the brightest sports minds from the Chicago area on Saturday, August 13th.  Tryouts will be held from 10- 6 pm at a location-TBD- check back at this site or on espn.com.  Please bring a photo ID and your vast knowledge of sports and we’ll take care of the rest.  You must be at least 18 years of age to participate.  Other than that, just know your sports, as you will be tested.  Hope to see you there and please tell any of your sports buddies about this as well.  Thanks.

Marc Levine

casting director ESPN's Stump the Schwab

Im sure a few people here can stump the Schwab. I think Juggernaut should give it a shot, to tell you the truth

My sports knowledge is pretty good, and I can't hang with some of the guys on that show. I don't know enough golf, Tennis or Nascar, which could end up killing my chances. It seems like at least one of the contestants on every show really knows his stuff, and the Schwab is really good. I might give it a shot though, I usually do pretty well on some of the events, especially the one when they list people who have done a certain accomplishment.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
I would do it, but I don't know much about golf or the NHL. Honestly, I can't name more than 2 players on the Blackhawks right now.

A lot of people can't name 2 players on the Blackhawks right now (although I surprisingly can). :P

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
A lot of people can't name 2 players on the Blackhawks right now (although I surprisingly can). :P

Tumu Ruttu(sp?) and Jocelyn Thibault and that's all I know.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
nobody knows more about sports than that guy.  You can know all you want, but when they drop the womens golf or waterskiing nationals question on you, you are f***ed.

Exactly.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
I'll start: Wanna stump Harry Schwab? Ask him what a woman's breast feels like

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That reminds me of that Shatner bit on SNL when he was at the Star Trek convention:

"YOU.....have you ever even KISSED a girl????"

I honestly think that show is rigged...it just seems like BS when they ask:

"At the 1959 Special Olympics, which women retarted gymnast landed on here left leg, breaking her right index and ring fingers, without crying, and still got the gold medal. I need her name, her condition, and her score."

"...........uuuuuuum, Natalie Groen was her name. Uuuuuuuum, she had Down Syndrome, and.....uuuum, her score, was, oh, I don't know, 92.38649?"

"That is...........CORRECT!"

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 11:16 PM)
I honestly think that show is rigged...it just seems like BS when they ask:

"At the 1959 Special Olympics, which women retarted gymnast landed on here left leg, breaking her right index and ring fingers, without crying, and still got the gold medal. I need her name, her condition, and her score."

"...........uuuuuuum, Natalie Groen was her name. Uuuuuuuum, she had Down Syndrome, and.....uuuum, her score, was, oh, I don't know,  92.38649?"

"That is...........CORRECT!"

:lolhitting

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
Yeah that show is such utter bs.... no one can know that amount of stuff... they probably tell him all the answers b4 the show and than for the showdown tell him which topics to pick to ask the opponent.

or maybe the schwabb has x-ray vision so he can see through the score sheet :ph34r: