Official College Football Thread

OSU is probably loud as hell, no doubting that.

But remember that tonight the crowd was 50/50 in theory...

If the Texas fans were smart, they wouldn't have been making any noise during that 4th down play. So only 'half' the stadium would have been making noise.

I'm not saying it's louder than OSU, just pointing something out no one's mentioned, i don't think.

Also, i was in the horseshoe when it was empty during spring time...what is with those obstructed view seats in the upper deck? Who the hell would ever sit there? You can see only see about half the field in some of those seats.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People that dislike Illinois have to pray the recruiting classes Zook will put together won't turn into wins.....because with the job Bruce is doing, even an average football program will cause the haters to have to run and hide.

(And no Heads, this isn't a specific swipe at you, I know you were just kidding as you can tell in my response to your original post).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)
People that dislike Illinois have to pray the recruiting classes Zook will put together won't turn into wins.....because with the job Bruce is doing, even an average football program will cause the haters to have to run and hide.

(And no Heads, this isn't a specific swipe at you, I know you were just kidding as you can tell in my response to your original post).

ISU has a tough time dealing with the Baylor's and Northern Illinois' of the world. I'm pretty confident we'd lose in Champaign.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 01:00 AM)
What makes Illini's class top 25?(BTW, I'm an Illini fan). I know about Isiah Williams and that one LB, but outside of that, they really have nothing. What am I missing?

Isiah Williams is a stud, Chris James and Marques Wilkins are both VERY good 4 star WR's (EDIT: and 4 star LB Rahkeem Smith, who once upon a time was going to go to Iowa). And then it's depth....there are a lot of solid 3 star players (several of which are almost 4 stars) in a class that has 27 players overall and is still growing. Considering the record of the Illini the last few years, Zook should be given huge props for the class he's putting together this year.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 12:59 AM)
ISU has a tough time dealing with the Baylor's and Northern Illinois' of the world. I'm pretty confident we'd lose in Champaign.

Right now? You'd win. Champaign is far from a road game at this point in time.

In a few years, we should have the talent to have a pretty good home record

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 01:02 AM)
Isiah Williams is a stud, Chris James and Marques Wilkins are both VERY good 4 star WR's (EDIT: and 4 star LB Rahkeem Smith, who once upon a time was going to go to Iowa).  And then it's depth....there are a lot of solid 3 star players (several of which are almost 4 stars) in a class that has 27 players overall and is still growing.  Considering the record of the Illini the last few years, Zook should be given huge props for the class he's putting together this year.

Yeah, i believe the depth has a lot to do with that ranking.

And yes, Zook is amazing for pulling talent in when this program has pathetic on-field results in the past few years. What the hell does he sell them on?

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 01:09 AM)
Yeah, i believe the depth has a lot to do with that ranking.

And yes, Zook is amazing for pulling talent in when this program has pathetic on-field results in the past few years. What the hell does he sell them on?

academics and playing time probably. Edited by White Sox Josh

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)
Right now? You'd win. Champaign is far from a road game at this point in time.

In a few years, we should have the talent to have a pretty good home record

Our road wins include:

Army

Texas A&M

Hardly a murder's row. In fact, I dunno WTF happened against A&M.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 01:11 AM)
academics and playing time probably.

That would be correct. Also, as silly as it sounds, he can use the basketball team for recruiting, such as "if you come here and help us build the football program back up, you get to play in front of this kind of crowd on Saturdays".

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
Our road wins include:

Army

Texas A&M

Hardly a murder's row. In fact, I dunno WTF happened against A&M.

That Army game was a battle, I remember watching it thinking WTF is Iowa State going to lose to Army. There is something about Iowa State athletic teams outside of Ames that is a disaster.

I think Texas may win.....despite Reggie Bush going crazy.  This may be a dud, but watch this game, because you'll have a story to tell your kids and grandkids if it isn't a dud.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
Story?  :huh:

Meh idk, USC is gonna win, lets say 32-21

How do you like your crow, roasted or raw?

:)

I thought earier in the year that if USC did not have "the streak" going, that Texas would have been ranked #1, but agreed until USC loses, they deserved that position. I think that makes the UT win all that much sweeter.

And it was the defensive battle everyone expected

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 05:47 AM)
Well, the state of Texas will be in a good ass mood today!!!

How many million caps do you think were made? I couldn't go anywhere yesterday without seeing orange.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jan 5, 2006 -> 06:43 AM)
I think Vince may have moved to the top of many draft borads yesterdau ahead of Bush and Leinart.  Bush still looked great against a great team, but not amazing.  While, Young seemed on another level than anyone against a great team.

Isn't Young stayin at Texas another year?