8th August Game Thread - Sox vs. Yankees

DBAHO

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
I always thought umps were very professional and would not hold grudges at all.

thats human normal beings. these umps r not human there fat ass people who dont belong in the normal world.

QUOTE(Kogs35 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
thats human normal beings. these umps r not human there fat ass people who dont belong in the normal world.

They are more like bitter old men who think they are better than the players.

In no way is this a shot at Ozzie....but this is why no professional coach/manager should make something personal with an official. Umps/refs are some of the most egotistical people you'll ever find, and you have to be naive to not think they'll screw you if they get the chance.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
Would love to see AROD come up in the 8th with 2 outs and nobody on, if you smell what I'm cookin!

No thanks, as much hatred as some of these umps have towards the sox I wouldn't want that to happen. It will just blow up next time we take something to Bob Watson about the umps since it seems like were always beaning people.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
In no way is this a shot at Ozzie....but this is why no professional coach/manager should make something personal with an official.  Umps/refs are some of the most egotistical people you'll ever find, and you have to be naive to not think they'll screw you if they get the chance.

It's one thing to make a call like that. It was close, I'm not that pissed about it.

But the A-Rod getting hit by a ball is a whole 'nother story. According to Reifort, the rule STATES that if the guy who pops out interferes with a ball in play, then his teammate should/will be called out. That's UNACCEPTABLE umpiring to not know the rulebook in that situation. That should call for a fine or suspension of that crew.

I'm not mad at you, just pissed about the umps.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
Are you serious?  I didn't know there was any guarantee that any team has to win a certain amount of games.  I can guarantee you that the Padres, Orioles, and Nationals fans never though their teams would s*** the bed like they did.  We don't exactly have an easy schedule the rest of the way.  The Indians hitting seems to be peaking just in time to face some awful pitching staffs.  I wouldn't be shocked if they cut our lead to 6 or 7 by the end of August.

C'mon fathom, this team, from where they are right now, is going to have to lose about 10 in a row to give the other teams a shot.

If you think they are going to choke the chicken that bad, why do you follow this team? Why can't you enjoy it? I just do not understand the negativity. Reality, yes, but constantly WAITING for this team to s***... I don't get it. I think you just want to say you're right.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:42 AM)
No thanks, as much hatred as some of these umps have towards the sox I wouldn't want that to happen. It will just blow up next time we take something to Bob Watson about the umps since it seems like were always beaning people.

I agree. The last thing we need is another beaning incident. You don't want your team to get known as a bunch of head hunters, because umps will be more likely to toss your pitchers, even if it was not intentional. We don't need that happening to our starters. Also, hbp wars can result in our players getting hit and potentially injured. I know people think it's cool to do it....but it's pretty stupid to make a habit of it.