8th August Game Thread - Sox vs. Yankees

DBAHO

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:29 AM)
I agree. Heaven forbid a pitcher give up 3 ER in Yankee Stadium against the Yanks. Terrible, terrible stuff.

Well, when it's in the first two innings, what the f*** do you expect people to say? Do you only post when the Sox are losing to attack others who might say something bad? You hardly posted one f***ing thing the last two games. I know people like myself and Milkman are pessmistic....but at least we're consistent in posting in every game, no matter what the score is.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
And what are the other options for a fourth starter...?  Contreras.

I'll take El Duque over Contreras every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Heck, make it thrice on Sundays...  :D

I have no problem throwing el duque out there in a 7 game series as our 4th starter.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:30 AM)
And what are the other options for a fourth starter...?  Contreras.

I'll take El Duque over Contreras every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Heck, make it thrice on Sundays...  :D

I don't think we'll need a 4th starter. Hopefully, it gets to that point where we could need a 4th starter though, as that would mean we won a series. As everyone knows, I'm still concerned about making the playoffs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
Well, when it's in the first two innings, what the f*** do you expect people to say?  Do you only post when the Sox are losing to attack others who might say something bad?  You hardly posted one f***ing thing the last two games.  I know people like myself and Milkman are pessmistic....but at least we're consistent in posting in every game, no matter what the score is.

I expect you to blow up and whine with no perspective of whats going on. The last time I checked, a game didn't last 2 innings and neither did an outing.

Have some faith. Quit whining.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:31 AM)
I have no problem throwing el duque out there in a 7 game series as our 4th starter.

There's no reason to even argue it, cause Ozzie would choose Duque over Contreras (he already said so).

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
I don't think we'll need a 4th starter.  Hopefully, it gets to that point where we could need a 4th starter though, as that would mean we won a series.  As everyone knows, I'm still concerned about making the playoffs.

Still? Check the calendar. Who's going to catch them, oh wise one?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
I expect you to blow up and whine with no perspective of whats going on. The last time I checked, a game didn't last 2 innings and neither did an outing.

No perspective? Coming from the same person who said this wasn't a big game for Duque and the Sox? Funny, I didn't see a single person who agreed with your perspective. However, I'm not going to fall for your trap of starting a personal feud, as it's not fair to the other posters.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:31 AM)
Well, when it's in the first two innings, what the f*** do you expect people to say?  Do you only post when the Sox are losing to attack others who might say something bad?  You hardly posted one f***ing thing the last two games.  I know people like myself and Milkman are pessmistic....but at least we're consistent in posting in every game, no matter what the score is.

Well, give me a break. El Duque's been known as a slow starter this season, and you guys jump all over his f***ing ass when he gives up a two run homer to -- Alex f***ing Rodriguez. The best thirdbaseman in possibly all of baseball, and you guys b****. It's tiring.

And, like I said, Milkman's comment about the Yankees not regretting signing Hernandez was the dumbest thing I've read on here in a while, and that's saying a lot.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
Still?  Check the calendar.  Who's going to catch them, oh wise one?

Are you serious? I didn't know there was any guarantee that any team has to win a certain amount of games. I can guarantee you that the Padres, Orioles, and Nationals fans never though their teams would s*** the bed like they did. We don't exactly have an easy schedule the rest of the way. The Indians hitting seems to be peaking just in time to face some awful pitching staffs. I wouldn't be shocked if they cut our lead to 6 or 7 by the end of August.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
Well, give me a break.  El Duque's been known as a slow starter this season, and you guys jump all over his f***ing ass when he gives up a two run homer to -- Alex f***ing Rodriguez.  The best thirdbaseman in possibly all of baseball, and you guys b****.  It's tiring.

And, like I said, Milkman's comment about the Yankees not regretting signing Hernandez was the dumbest thing I've read on here in a while, and that's saying a lot.

:notworthy