8th August Game Thread - Sox vs. Yankees

DBAHO

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 06:26 PM)
Well, if you ask Hawk, we're better than the Yankee's in damn near every category. Better players at each position too.

This is code for Hawk showing frustration with the media believing the Yankees are a better ballclub. He did something similar to this in the final game of the Boston series. Boston and New York were the only clubs I've ever heard him compare positional players/pitchers from both opposing teams.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:30 PM)
This is code for Hawk showing frustration with the media believing the Yankees are a better ballclub. He did something similar to this in the final game of the Boston series. Boston and New York were the only clubs I've ever heard him compare positional players/pitchers from both opposing teams.

If we had the Yanks offense w/our pitching?? :o ............I would be stunned if we didn't win the WS.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
When down 2 runs? This is the kind of thinking that makes no sence to me! Why! Has Dye ripping the cover off the ball? Its the If you a hr hitter you dont have to bunt thinking that makes no sence at all!Ill put my bust right next to yours in the hall!

It's the second f***ing inning... There are 24 more outs to work with. Why lower your chances for a big inning when there's still so much time left in the game?

With 24 outs you expect an AL offense to score a little over 4 runs. This goes for the Yankees too. It makes no sense to reduce the number of outs you have to play with while not being guaranteed runs that early in the game.

Late in the game, that's fine, but not with that much time left.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
It's the second f***ing inning... There are 24 more outs to work with. Why lower your chances for a big inning when there's still so much time left in the game?

With 24 outs you expect an AL offense to score a little over 4 runs. This goes for the Yankees too. It makes no sense to reduce the number of outs you have to play with while not being guaranteed runs that early in the game.

Late in the game, that's fine, but not with that much time left.

When people are complaining about J. Dye not bunting...you know our offense sucks.

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
HE GAWN

HOW ABOUT THE OFFENSE REMOVES THEIR HEADS FROM THEIR ASSES?

No. They rather watch Mussina's straight 90 MPH fastball down the middle of the plate and swing at a pitch near their eyes.

:gosoxretro: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
Good to see some life from the offense.  Duque needs to step up the next few innings and keep us in this game.

This is where El Duque needs to show himself..

Whenever we score he comes back and gives the runs right back..

Of course - he is always shaky the first couple innings and then settles down..

I have a feeling we will win this one...