8th August Game Thread - Sox vs. Yankees

DBAHO

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:09 AM)
Our offense looks horrible but our pitching can match anyone, I doubt the sox are going to lie down and die for these teams. We have played equally tough teams and I highly doubt Ozzie will let them lie down. Have some f***ing confidence people, they will atleast go .500.

Our pitching can be as good as ever...but if we can't consistently score 4 runs against teams like the Red Sox, Yankees, Rangers, and A's.....we're going to have a hell of a team trying to beat them at the Cell with the ball flying out.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 06:11 PM)
Our pitching can be as good as ever...but if we can't consistently score 4 runs against teams like the Red Sox, Yankees, Rangers, and A's.....we're going to have a hell of a team trying to beat them at the Cell with the ball flying out.

Our offense has to wake up, they might not seem like it now but I just have a feeling our offense will step it up.

I wonder how El Duque will explain this start of his when he talked with the press? The last game he gave up 4 runs in the 1st ining and today he gives up 3 runs in the first two. Last time he was quoted as saying, "I need to be more aggressive." Well?.

So I just tuned into the game. Can somebody explain to me why we have someone who is roundly considered one of the worst hitters in the majors batting 5th?! Sometimes it seems like Ozzie plays darts to pick the lineup...and the only name on the board is Timo Perez...

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:16 PM)
I wonder how El Duque will explain this start of his when he talked with the press? The last game he gave up 4 runs in the 1st ining and today he gives up 3 runs in the first two. Last time he was quoted as saying, "I need to be more aggressive." Well?.

"I need to be 10 years younger."

Our offense is just flat out horrible now. With Pods showing signs of wearing down, and Dye cooling off.....I'm not sure where Ozzie or KW can look for help. It's hard for the middle of the order to produce when the 8-9-1 are getting on base about 3 times every 20 ABs.

I'm not one to be overly concerned about media attention, but anycase anyone is wondering why people continue to dismiss our club, this is why.

Many may dismiss this games an meaningless, but to those on the East Coast who write the news it's a 'true test.' And unfortunately, we're not looking like a very good ball club.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
Our offense is just flat out horrible now.  With Pods showing signs of wearing down, and Dye cooling off.....I'm not sure where Ozzie or KW can look for help.  It's hard for the middle of the order to produce when the 8-9-1 are getting on base about 3 times every 20 ABs.

It's very sad right now....... If it weren't for Pk we may have lost the last 2 games, and Timo is GREAT protection for him. :banghead

Our offense is just flat out horrible now. With Pods showing signs of wearing down, and Dye cooling off.....I'm not sure where Ozzie or KW can look for help. It's hard for the middle of the order to produce when the 8-9-1 are getting on base about 3 times every 20 ABs.

I know exactly where they can look: Ross Gload, Brian Anderson, Casey Rogowski, Chris Young...anywhere but Timo Perez (excluding Joe Borchard)!

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 06:22 PM)
Bunting in the second inning with your best hitter statistically is grounds for enshrinement in the Hall of Idiocy.

When down 2 runs? This is the kind of thinking that makes no sence to me! Why! Has Dye ripping the cover off the ball? Its the If you a hr hitter you dont have to bunt thinking that makes no sence at all!Ill put my bust right next to yours in the hall!

QUOTE(bigred3535 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
Has anyone noticed that Jason Giambi has been a beast since the first month of the season? Seriously, he's probably been the best hitter in baseball. I didn't notice at all...who woulda thunk it?

Masking agents???? HGH??? :unsure:

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:27 AM)
When down 2 runs? This is the kind of thinking that makes no sence to me! Why! Has Dye ripping the cover off the ball? Its the If you a hr hitter you dont have to bunt thinking that makes no sence at all!Ill put my bust right next to yours in the hall!

No, because playing for one run isn't going to win this game. If you bunt there, you prevent yourself from having a big inning. Even Ozzie had to know Duque wasn't going to hold the Yanks to a small number tonight (1 or 2 runs).