8th August Game Thread - Sox vs. Yankees

DBAHO

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:45 AM)
I agree.  The last thing we need is another beaning incident.  You don't want your team to get known as a bunch of head hunters, because umps will be more likely to toss your pitchers, even if it was not intentional.  We don't need that happening to our starters.  Also, hbp wars can result in our players getting hit and potentially injured.  I know people think it's cool to do it....but it's pretty stupid to make a habit of it.

We already have the reputation, and you don't want to add to it, especially with this crew and the next two games.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:44 AM)
C'mon fathom, this team, from where they are right now, is going to have to lose about 10 in a row to give the other teams a shot.

If you think they are going to choke the chicken that bad, why do you follow this team?  Why can't you enjoy it?  I just do not understand the negativity.  Reality, yes, but constantly WAITING for this team to s***... I don't get it.  I think you just want to say you're right.

I don't mean this to be rude....but please don't tell me who I root for or not. I might be pessimistic...but there's no one on here that cheers for the Sox any more than I do. Yes, it's possible that a team could choke a lead like ours now. If it happens, I will honestly be ok with it. If you can't make the playoffs with a 13 game lead on 8/8/05.....you don't deserve to make it.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
We should be able to put more than 2 runs up against the Yanks banged up pitching staff.

9 hits is pretty good for us lately. JD just couldn't come through.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:47 AM)
We should be able to put more than 2 runs up against the Yanks banged up pitching staff.

On any other night, I'd agree with you. But tonight we're gonna see Mussina, Gordon and Rivera. Those three are still healthy, and still tough to hit.