**Official 2005 High School Football Thread**

GBS does it again.

We beat the Zion Benton Zee-Bees (not much of an accomplishment, but a wins a win) to go 2-0. Last year's team MVP Dontay Marshall returns from a 2 week suspension to play the Highland Park Giants.

Junior RB's Tommy Gochis and Micheal Kerr combined for 3 TD's and 200 Yards rushing.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue is overrated and our QB sucks ass. They'll be decent this year, but last year's team was senior heavy with some stud complementary juniors. I'll be surprised if they make the playoffs with their schedule. New Trier should beat us, Maine South will beat us, and Deerfield, Highland Park, and Maine West will all be tough conference games. I'll be surprised if GBN makes the playoffs this year. I'm thinking GBS will go into conference play 4-0 because the rest of their schedule sucks ass (unless they changed it this year) and then struggle in conference to 5-4 or 6-3, making the playoffs and losing early.

Niles West is easy, as is Niles North, thats 2 wins. Highland Park is a win. Maine South and New Trier will be tough as hell. Waukegan cant even be counted as a f***ing team.

Worst case I say 7-2. With loses to New Trier and Maine South.. things go well and we go 9-0. CSL North has only 3 good teams this year. Us, New Trier and Maine South.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Sep 3, 2005 -> 11:18 AM)
Niles West is easy, as is Niles North, thats 2 wins.  Highland Park is a win.  Maine South and New Trier will be tough as hell.  Waukegan cant even be counted as a f***ing team.

Worst case I say 7-2.  With loses to New Trier and Maine South.. things go well and we go 9-0.  CSL North has only 3 good teams this year.  Us, New Trier and Maine South.

1. Highland Park is not easy, they will be decent as always.

2. Maine South will destroy you, no way you win at their place, no way.

3. You play in the CSL South.

New Trier (1-1) beats Loyola (1-1) 24-21.

New Trier dominated from the beginning, but could never put the Ramblers away. It was 14-0 at one point, but right before the half Loyola scored a touchdown making it 14-7.

Finally, at 21-21 late in the game, New Trier kicked a game winning field goal with 35 seconds remaining, and an interception on the following drive ended it.

Glenbrook South Titans (3-0) @ Highland Park Giants (2-1)

Glenbrook South: 31 Highland Park: 17

We marched into the house of a team that had only given up 7 points all season and basically unleashed a can of whoop-ass on them.

The Chicago Tribune puts it much better than I ever could.

Titans win big with Marshall plan

GLENBROOK SOUTH 31, HIGHLAND PARK 17

By Dave Surico

Tribune staff reporter

Published September 10, 2005

Glenbrook South's Dontay Marshall played his first game of the season Friday night, but he never missed a beat in a 31-17 victory at Highland Park.

The senior running back was a threat running, returning and catching the ball.

"Coach [Mike Noll] said I was going to be in the game the whole time, so I got prepared and ready," said the 5-foot-7-inch, 155-pounder who missed the first two games because of an unspecified suspension.

"I felt they couldn't hold me. I wanted the ball every play, honestly."

Marshall got the Titans rolling on his first touch with a 45-yard kickoff return into Highland Park territory. Sophomore quarterback Ryan McGrath found 6-5, 180-pound wide receiver Danny Monckton eight plays later for a 21-yard touchdown pass and a 7-0 lead.

Senior cornerback Thomas Jahnke picked off a short pass and returned it 14 yards to give Glenbrook South (3-0) a two-touchdown lead against a Highland Park defense that had surrendered only seven points in the first two weeks.

Marshall made plays all game. He gained 62 yards on 12 carries and had four catches for 98 yards. McGrath's touch made things even tougher on Highland Park (2-1). He put the ball up perfectly for his receivers to run under and went 10 of 13 for 208 yards with no interceptions.

"It was in the game plan to pass more because they have a really tough defense on the run," said McGrath, who added a big 13-yard gain in the fourth quarter that led to the Titans' final touchdown. "We were successful on that. We were working on that all week."

Punishing fullback Tommy Gochis added to the Titans attack with two touchdowns.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
Warren over Zion Benton big. Was the home opener and they retired the number of a former player who was killed in Iraq a few months ago.

3-0 and play Mundelein next week. Should be a decent test.

mundelein sucks they will finish last in the conference i would set the spread at warren by 40