**Official Game Thread: 8/17/05!**

Brian

Never made one before, maybe I can stop the skid.

Hopefully we can break those brooms, turn em sideways, and shove up some Twinie buttocks.

I'll actually miss the game cuz our Summer Basketball League playoffs start tonight. Our first game is at 6:15, we should blow them out, but our second game is at 8:15 and it will be a barn burner. I'll set my timer in case something happens I would want to see.

Edited by Brian

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
How does the attendance look for tonight? Just wondering on ticket availability - whether i can hold off til i get down there.

Just searched two tix...Sect. 537 row 13

Edit: :ph34r:

Edited by Chisoxrd5

QUOTE(Hanky Panky @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:07 PM)
Let's light Santana up for like 12 runs, and let's give Buehrle a complete game shutout. The bullpen needs a rest after last night.

There's no pitcher in baseball better at giving your bullpen a rest than the man we're throwing out there tonight.

I was at the game yesterday and planned everything out fine. The game would end no later than 10pm that way I could get home get ready for school and work next day, just hope no extra inning s*** happens...well you guys know the story and I didn't leave until the end of the game. I didn't get to bed until 2 am that sucked AND we lost.

The whole night I had these 4 stupid Twin fans, everytime Lew Ford came up they kept saying "LEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" I got tired of them and said it along with them except with a little change, I said "lewwwwwwwwwwwwsor!!!" f***in Twins fans.

Stop this 4 game skid Buehrle and lets kick their asses. :gosox1: Too bad I will be unable to see this game and won't know who won until I get home. :gosox1:

One more win for Buehrle and it's 5 straight season of 14 or more wins.

Be the stopper tonight. Johan ain't all that.

Look for the Widge to catch tonight. If anyone needs a rest after last night's game, it's AJ. Plus, Ozzie will probably go with a mostly righty lineup.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
They just read the starting lineup on M, J, & H -- I wasn't really paying attention, but I believe it was like this.

Iggy 2B

Blum 3B

Everett DH

Kong 1B

Dye RF

Rowand CF

? C

Uribe SS

Anderson LF

I like it. Blum is starting to make some good contact and Crede needs a LONG break. But it's sobering to have to face a Cy Young pitcher when you're slumping at the plate, no matter who you run up there.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 04:32 PM)
Like I said, I wasn't really paying attention... I could have sworn they said Blum at some point though

I think they did.. I didn't hear Gooch's name though. :huh

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
Can't keep trucking Ozuna out to 3rd. He is out of his element there.

What the f*** is the point of having Blum if he's not going to back-up Crede any game in which Joe can't play?

We're looking at the sweep here, boys. Already have to go up against Santana, and it looks like we're putting ourselves at another disadvantage with having Ozuna at 3B. It's almost set in stone that Pablo will make a costly, costly error.