**Official Game Thread: 8/17/05!**

Brian

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 05:41 PM)
Well, we're f***ed.  Another run or two for the Twins, and this game is really a long shot to win.  At least Hawk seems a little quieter today.  He must be taking the day off from Sox Fellatio 101.

I already counted this game as a loss before it even started. I just hope The Tribe loses tonite.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
We are lined up with a lot of hard pitching the upcoming week. But when you play the better teams you're going to have to face the better pitchers.

And we haven't exactly done well against the better teams this season.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
The only good fact that DJ had in the first, is Johan is a guy you try to hit his fastball to right and right center, and if he does surprise you with a change you pull it still fair.

However this is the corpseball kids and they pull every freakin thing.  They cant help it.

So tonight you will be treated to a series of popups, ground outs to the left side, and Ks.

Sounds to me like the White Sox circa 2000-2004. Are the White Sox really that much of different team with out Podsednik?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 05:40 PM)
I almost got into a car accident on the way to work this morning having to avoid people jumping off of the Sox bandwagon.

:lolhitting

if it helps, the Sox still have a nice lead in the division. These are the dog days and the Twins, for the first time this season, are playing some good baseball. We'll kick their ass next week at the dome.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
I already counted this game as a loss before it even started. I just hope The Tribe loses tonite.

Me too. I love the Sox...but I'm absolutely disgusted by their energy level lately, as well as the attitude of the front office. BTW, PK slipped up in the pregame tonight and said how the Sox had lost 5 in a row.

The score kept playing over and over Hawks retarded rant last night about how we dont need Griffey and where would he play.

The best dumb comment from Hawk was when he stated, Ken Griffey Jr was one of the best hitters for 8 years. But that was a long time ago.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
:lolhitting

if it helps, the Sox still have a nice lead in the division. These are the dog days and the Twins, for the first time this season, are playing some good baseball. We'll kick their ass next week at the dome.

I agree, it's so weird to think we still have a double-digit lead. Next week at the dome, we likely face Radke, Johan, and Silva.....I don't like our chances.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)

Don't shoot me or anything, but just possibly, maybe we aren't as good as we thought we were. I still think this is a very good team, but how will we match up against the Red Sox, or the Yankees if they get in?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)

I've finally come to except the fact that this is the team we have Do or Die. I would have loved for KW to pick up another BIG LH bat, and either stud starter or closer. But unfortunately were going to have to make do w/ what we got. :pray

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
The score kept playing over and over Hawks retarded rant last night about how we dont need Griffey and where would he play.

The best dumb comment from Hawk was when he stated, Ken Griffey Jr was one of the best hitters for 8 years.  But that was a long time ago.

Yeah, if that was a long time ago, then Frank's days were a long time ago too.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
Sounds to me like the White Sox circa 2000-2004. Are the White Sox really that much of different team with out Podsednik?

This has nothing to do with pods. Ozuna did what Pods usually does. He got to second.

It was the popup and K with men in RISP that killed us.

We havent been the same team since Thomas went out of the lineup.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:45 AM)
Don't shoot me or anything, but just possibly, maybe we aren't as good as we thought we were. I still think this is a very good team, but how will we match up against the Red Sox, or the Yankees if they get in?

You're telling me not to shoot you? I don't think our offense is even in the same area code as other teams in baseball. The fact we're 10 games over two very solid teams in the Indians and Twins totally baffles me. It's my greatest surprise ever in sports.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
Me too.  I love the Sox...but I'm absolutely disgusted by their energy level lately, as well as the attitude of the front office. BTW, PK slipped up in the pregame tonight and said how the Sox had lost 5 in a row.

I'm curious. And I'm not saying this to you, but more in general. How exactly do you determine energy? By the players running around all over the place like a chicken with its head cut off? By scoring a lot of runs? By winning games.

To me, what I think of when I see people say we aren't playing energy tells me we just aren't hitting well. When you dont get a hit, you are going to go back to the dugout. Not walk around hi fiving guys. I think the guys are playing hard, they are just sucking really badly.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
This has nothing to do with pods.  Ozuna did what Pods usually does.  He got to second.

His .600+ SLG% would be real nice to have right about now...

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
This has nothing to do with pods.  Ozuna did what Pods usually does.  He got to second.

But what Thomas did was the Sox have done the past few years. Replacing Podsednik with Ozuna is a downgrade, sure he got on base this time, but there's also could be a mentality issue with out having Podsednik in the lineup.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 06:47 PM)
You're telling me not to shoot you?  I don't think our offense is even in the same area code as other teams in baseball.  The fact we're 10 games over two very solid teams in the Indians and Twins totally baffles me.  It's my greatest surprise ever in sports.

Our offense sucks hardcore right now, but they are stil middle of the league, and only 20 or so from fourth place with a couple games played less than everyone. That's why we have the best record in the AL. Awesome pitching with mediocre offense. The same thing the Twins have done the past 3 years.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)

We were as good as our pitching shutting down teams.

Boston is a bad matchup. They are a high OBP good hitting team. They work the count(like the As) and are difficult to K.

Everyone just comments our pitching will shut them down. I dont see it. So we have to outslug them.

The Yanks wont be in the playoffs.