**Official Game Thread: 8/17/05!**

Brian

WE ARENT PLAYING THE WAY WE PLAYED WHEN WE BUILT THIS LEAD. WE ARE NOT ADVANCING RUNNERS, WE ARE NOT PLAYING DEFENSE, WE ARE NOT AGGRESSIVE. WE HAVE LOST EVERY BIT OF THE STYLE THAT HAS MADE US GOOD. NOW THE TWINS HAVE IT ON DISPLAY, REMEMBER?

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
WE ARENT PLAYING THE WAY WE PLAYED WHEN WE BUILT THIS LEAD.  WE ARE NOT ADVANCING RUNNERS, WE ARE NOT PLAYING DEFENSE, WE ARE NOT AGGRESSIVE.  WE HAVE LOST EVERY BIT OF THE STYLE THAT HAS MADE US GOOD.  NOW THE TWINS HAVE IT ON DISPLAY, REMEMBER?

WE AREN'T GETTING LUCKY!

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
How much of the lead will slip away before they bring up Owens?

You mean the next Willie Harris? I'm sorry, but if we expect him to help us at all, we're screwed. I still have the feeling we DL'd Pods not cause he was really hurt, but because we wanted to give him a rest.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
Are you seriously rooting for the no-hitter?  How would Hawk explain the greatest team ever being no-hit?

I'm announcing the no-hitter (which seems to be a baseball sin), in hoping he loses it. Though this game's basically over already. I don't know what I'm watching for.

JOHAN SANTANA WITH THE NO HITTER THROUGH 5.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
Sox don't advance past the first round, or good forbid--collapse before the seasons end, this is going back to Williams. Don't make a deadline move or acquire Griffey, especially after these latest offensive troubles, you'll have a lot of explaining to do.

If they make the playoffs, KW is off the hook. IF we don't make the playoffs (I pray that we do make it), KW should be fired. You better believe who our next GM would be......?

ITS TIME FOR A CLOSE DOORED MEETING KW AND OZZIE NEED TO BEAT THIS TEAM.

I THOUGHT THE PURPOSE OF GETTING RID OF CARLOS LEE AND ALL THIS IS SPEED NEVER EVER EVER SLUMPS AND THAT OZZIEBALL WOULDNT HAVE THE OLE 15 RUNS ONE NIGHT AND 1 FOR THE NEXT 4.

THIS IS THE SAME f***ING TEAM WITHOUT CARLOS LEE WHO WAS A POWER HITTER(A MEATHEAD AND ALL) BUT A 300 HITTER. AND NO MAGGS, WHO IS ALSO A 300 HITTER WTH POWER.

NOW WE ARE A 250 HITTING TEAM WHO HITS THE OCCASIONAL SOLO DONG.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
I'm announcing the no-hitter (which seems to be a baseball sin), in hoping he loses it.  Though this game's basically over already.  I don't know what I'm watching for.

JOHAN SANTANA WITH THE NO HITTER THROUGH 5.

thats like reverse.....when your guy has a no no, and you announce it its bad, but when the other guy has one, and you announce it, you are jinxing your own hitters, so it would be best to not announce it, if you want him to lose it

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
ITS TIME FOR A CLOSE DOORED MEETING KW AND OZZIE NEED TO BEAT THIS TEAM.

I THOUGHT THE PURPOSE OF GETTING RID OF CARLOS LEE AND ALL THIS IS SPEED NEVER EVER EVER SLUMPS AND THAT OZZIEBALL WOULDNT HAVE THE OLE 15 RUNS ONE NIGHT AND 1 FOR THE NEXT 4.

THIS IS THE SAME f***ING TEAM WITHOUT CARLOS LEE WHO WAS A POWER HITTER(A MEATHEAD AND ALL) BUT A 300 HITTER.  AND NO MAGGS, WHO IS ALSO A 300 HITTER WTH POWER.

NOW WE ARE A 250 HITTING TEAM WHO HITS THE OCCASIONAL SOLO DONG.

who is fast on this team? who is fast and getting on base?

You mean the next Willie Harris?  I'm sorry, but if we expect him to help us at all, we're screwed.  I still have the feeling we DL'd Pods not cause he was really hurt, but because we wanted to give him a rest.

WH never had 45BB & 32SB that I'm aware of. Pods definitely was hurt. You could see it when he would take off on the split screen. His initial push-off was slower. I'm not saying Owens is the solution but he's got better instincts as a LO hitter than Timo.