**Official Game Thread: 8/17/05!**

Brian

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)
WH never had 45BB & 32SB that I'm aware of.  Pods definitely was hurt.  You could see it when he would take off on the split screen.  His initial push-off was slower.  I'm not saying Owens is the solution but he's got better instincts as a LO hitter than Timo.

nope. but he had 54, 38 and 32, edit: that 32 was really 40 includign his time in the bigs

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
Sox don't advance past the first round, or good forbid--collapse before the seasons end, this is going back to Williams. Don't make a deadline move or acquire Griffey, especially after these latest offensive troubles, you'll have a lot of explaining to do.

Flash,

Don't put a blame on Kenny! You as well as EVERYONE on this board know how s***ty this trading deadline has been. For a million times, the Reds DO NOT want to trade KGJ away. Kenny has nothing to explain to me or to you or to anybody else. He has been doing pretty good job for our Sox team this year.

Our players are currently going through a very tough period. And you know WHY? Podsednik is on the DL. Eversince Scott has been sick, you can see how terrible our team has been playing. Just let Podsednik get his full rest. When he comes back, he will be much healthier and, hopefully, we as the team will continue our first-half surge.

Tomorrow, we are still going to have 11 games lead on the Indians and 12 over the Twins. Don't worry too much man!

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
WH never had 45BB & 32SB that I'm aware of.  Pods definitely was hurt.  You could see it when he would take off on the split screen.  His initial push-off was slower.  I'm not saying Owens is the solution but he's got better instincts as a LO hitter than Timo.

I'm just relaying the comparison I heard about Owens from someone who has seen him play a lot. Since I haven't seen him, I'm going with this person's observation. The thing that gets me with Pods is this: If we knew all along we were going to DL him in the 2nd half, why wasn't KW more aggressive in trying to get a 4th outfielder that could step in and play LF if Pods was on the DL? I almost feel like KW spent way too much time trying to do the impossible before the deadline, like getting Burnett to want to resign in Chicago, getting Tampa to not be insane in a trade, and trying to get someone like Billy Wagner.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
Indians lose. Look for the positive through this crap. Have the magic # go down at least once per day.

Exactly. It would be great if teams play the Twins tough the rest of the way. I have no faith in our ability to beat them though.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
Why in the hell haven't our pitchers hit any of the Twins hitters?

We could use a good bench clearing brawl to light a fire under this team.

lol I like the thinking but the consequences outway it I think. We're struggling right now, we don't need to look dirty and get players suspended.

hang tough Mark. We're going to get something going off this piece of s***.

THIS IS NOT THE SAME SOX TEAM

I'm also sick of Joan Cusack (cub fan)

BTW, it's great to be able to talk about Sox stuff with fellow fans. I know a lot of us disagree a lot of the time, but it really is more enjoyable than having to watch a game with your girlfriend!

Funny story: My girlfriend was gone on vacation for a week, and got home last night around 7. She knows I like to watch the Sox games by myself, so she knew we'd hang out after the game. The poor girl, by the time Adkins had choked, was sound asleep.

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
Our players are currently going through a very tough period.  And you know WHY?  Podsednik is on the DL.  Eversince Scott has been sick, you can see how terrible our team has been playing.  Just let Podsednik get his full rest.  When he comes back, he will be much healthier and, hopefully, we as the team will continue our first-half surge.

If any team is so dependent on one person that it cannot win without him, it is in serious trouble.

SFF

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
BTW, it's great to be able to talk about Sox stuff with fellow fans.  I know a lot of us disagree a lot of the time, but it really is more enjoyable than having to watch a game with your girlfriend!

Funny story:  My girlfriend was gone on vacation for a week, and got home last night around 7.  She knows I like to watch the Sox games by myself, so she knew we'd hang out after the game. The poor girl, by the time Adkins had choked, was sound asleep.

This is the kind of game nobody should be watching. :ph34r:

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
BTW, it's great to be able to talk about Sox stuff with fellow fans.  I know a lot of us disagree a lot of the time, but it really is more enjoyable than having to watch a game with your girlfriend!

Funny story:  My girlfriend was gone on vacation for a week, and got home last night around 7.  She knows I like to watch the Sox games by myself, so she knew we'd hang out after the game. The poor girl, by the time Adkins had choked, was sound asleep.

that is sad, especially since they lost. Hopefully she understands.

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
Flash,

Don't put a blame on Kenny!  You as well as EVERYONE on this board know how s***ty this trading deadline has been.  For a million times, the Reds DO NOT want to trade KGJ away.  Kenny has nothing to explain to me or to you or to anybody else.  He has been doing pretty good job for our Sox team this year. 

Our players are currently going through a very tough period.  And you know WHY?  Podsednik is on the DL.  Eversince Scott has been sick, you can see how terrible our team has been playing.  Just let Podsednik get his full rest.  When he comes back, he will be much healthier and, hopefully, we as the team will continue our first-half surge.

Tomorrow, we are still going to have 11 games lead on the Indians and 12 over the Twins.  Don't worry too much man!

Doesn't have to make sense. Williams will shoulder blame regardless of the trade market. You think Mariotti will take into consideration the asking price of Tampa Bay or Cincinnati? Or the remainder of the Chicago media? Does anyone besides hardcore Sox fans such as ourselves realize the asking prides of several coveted players on the market?

What is known is Williams big move on the market, when it was obvious the offense was in need of an upgrade, was Geoff Blum. Whom, by the way, hasn't contributed s***.

I won't blame Williams. I never meant to suggest as much. But he will be criticized.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 01:37 AM)
that is sad, especially since they lost. Hopefully she understands.

Oh yeah, she's tremendous. Also, she felt bad for me cause she knew I had to get up for work about 5 hours after the game, and she's off this week.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 01:36 AM)
If any team is so dependent on one person that it cannot win without him, it is in serious trouble.

SFF

Especially when we're talking about Scott Podsednik, and not a true superstar. Pods being in the lineup doesn't have anything to do with guys like Crede or Uribe.

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
Flash,

Don't put a blame on Kenny!  You as well as EVERYONE on this board know how s***ty this trading deadline has been.  For a million times, the Reds DO NOT want to trade KGJ away.  Kenny has nothing to explain to me or to you or to anybody else.  He has been doing pretty good job for our Sox team this year. 

Tomorrow, we are still going to have 11 games lead on the Indians and 12 over the Twins.  Don't worry too much man!

I wouldnt put any blame on KW. This all lies on the hands of:

1. Greg Walker for not figuring out a way to correct allot of these guys swings and approach. He's had all year and still nothing.

2. The offense itself because our hitters are not having productive outs or atleast positive AB's. They have not given our pitching any breathing room. Without the pitching we'd be nowhere.

3. Ozzie has to step up and become a leader and will his team back in. Stop saying someone did a good job when they clerely didnt. When they fail get in their face and let them have it. Dont sit there and put up with this s***!