**Official Game Thread: 8/17/05!**

Brian

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
Buehrle is 1337

LeCroy eats those pitches for breakfast, along with bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, waffles, french toast, cheeseburgers, fruity pebbles and a glass of skim milk.

lol I love it, at least it's lightening up the mood here.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A mix of smartball and dumball.

Ozuna gets on like Pods,

Gooch moves him over

Just like the first part of the season

Then Everett swings at crap in the dirt and then pops up with man on. Classic Corpseball. And he should of Kd looking on a changeup down the cock that the ump didnt call.

Arow works the pitcher a bit. Then Ks.

No runs, No hits, Santana gets off

Then Buerhle gives up the dong.

1-0

Thats bout enough runs for the twinks tonight with the tard offense out there.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
I agree that Santana has more of an advantage than Buehrle, but i like our lineups chances much better against Santana w/ a small zone, as long as they don't flail too much at junk.

You're right, there's no excuse to ever lose to a pathetic lineup like the Twins have tonight. However, it just seems like the Twins take the field expecting to beat the Sox.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
He was leaving a lot of pitches over the plate, but of course, all our guys were trying to hit homers.  Also, Iguchi had a lot of good swings vs Santana last time he faced him.....sure great we're trying to bunt the runner over.  Unless you're pitching Roger Clemens on the road, there's no reason to play for one run in the first inning.

Yeah I would've liked to see Iguchi try for a hit. At least the sacrafice worked, but getting runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs would've been ideal. But anyways let's get the bottom of the order going, starting with Dye.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
He was leaving a lot of pitches over the plate, but of course, all our guys were trying to hit homers.  Also, Iguchi had a lot of good swings vs Santana last time he faced him.....sure great we're trying to bunt the runner over.  Unless you're pitching Roger Clemens on the road, there's no reason to play for one run in the first inning.

We've scored no runs in the last 10 innings. We need to play for 1 run at a time. We're not going to get very many.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
lol I love it, at least it's lightening up the mood here.

I actually think the mood is rather relaxed in here, as most people are just sick and tired of watching this team blow at home. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who have PM'd me and said they're staying away from soxtalk.com this week, as they're expecting the worse.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
At least we made Santana throw 26 pitches in the first.

Could've been 30, but no -- our best hitter is bunting.

I have more confidence in having us score against Santana rather than their bullpen.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
You're right, there's no excuse to ever lose to a pathetic lineup like the Twins have tonight.  However, it just seems like the Twins take the field expecting to beat the Sox.

They have beat us the last 4 years, why wouldn't they expect to be us otherwise. No Hunter, Jones, Stewart, or Mauer in the lineup. If we get crushed tonight there are even more serious problems than anyone realizes.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
I actually think the mood is rather relaxed in here, as most people are just sick and tired of watching this team blow at home.  You wouldn't believe the amount of people who have PM'd me and said they're staying away from soxtalk.com this week, as they're expecting the worse.

Well after spending over 5 hours at a game and seeing this pathetic offense choke in person. This is a hell of a lot more relaxing. I expect them to blow dog tonight, I didnt however expect Matt Guerrier to shut us down in relief.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 12:37 AM)
They have beat us the last 4 years, why wouldn't they expect to be us otherwise. No Hunter, Jones, Stewart, or Mauer in the lineup. If we get crushed tonight there are even more serious problems than anyone realizes.

The Sox will just say they lost to Johan, that's all. I can't believe the pitching we're lined up to face in the next week or so. We're in a s***load of trouble.

I just want to know where the people who told me to stop being such a pussy for scoreboard watching with the Indians and Twins are now? People might want to b**** at me for being pessimistic, but at least I'm consistent in my belief. I almost got into a car accident on the way to work this morning having to avoid people jumping off of the Sox bandwagon.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
The Sox will just say they lost to Johan, that's all.  I can't believe the pitching we're lined up to face in the next week or so.  We're in a s***load of trouble.

We are lined up with a lot of hard pitching the upcoming week. But when you play the better teams you're going to have to face the better pitchers.

The only good fact that DJ had in the first, is Johan is a guy you try to hit his fastball to right and right center, and if he does surprise you with a change you pull it still fair.

However this is the corpseball kids and they pull every freakin thing. They cant help it.

So tonight you will be treated to a series of popups, ground outs to the left side, and Ks.