Beef, Dogs, or Pizza?

Kid Gleason

Which one is the most "Chicago"?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the most "Chicago"?

• Italian Beefs (from wherever)
    • Hot Dog (Chicago Style)
    • Pizza

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
I'd say Dogs, but not cuz of the dogs, but because of the "Salad on a Bun."  I still get into arguments with my fiancee about putting ketchup on a hot dog.  It just can't be done.

I can not stand people at the park, or anywhere for that matter, who say s*** to me when I put ketchup on my hot dog. Ya know what.. stfu and mind your own damn business.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
I can not stand people at the park, or anywhere for that matter, who say s*** to me when I put ketchup on my hot dog. Ya know what.. stfu and mind your own damn business.

Stop putting ketchup on your hot dog! :ph34r:

You just want to be surrounded by a bunch of enanblers who will sit by and don't say anything while they watch your self-destructive hotdog-abusing behavior, don't you? :P :P

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 08:33 AM)
We had a few at one of the D-Backs games we went to, let's just say, the indigestion for the next 2 hours wasn't the greatest period of my life stomach wise.

That's what lips and assholes will do to ya!

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 03:14 PM)
You just want to be surrounded by a bunch of enanblers who will sit by and don't say anything while they watch your self-destructive hotdog-abusing behavior, don't you?  :P  :P

LMAO.. yea. Something like that. :P

tell that to brian

he won't let me eat cotton candy at the game :(

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
tell that to brian

he won't let me eat cotton candy at the game :(

Well.. that's something entirely different. A guy eating CC... in public... without a child... :nono

:lolhitting

:ph34r:

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)

:cheers

Whether I get a brought or a dog, I'm putting ketchup and mustard on it. If its a brat some sweet peppers are a must as well for me.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
Yeah, but Cali Boys put pineapple on their pizza too. :ph34r:

I'm not a pineapple person, but my dad would whoop ya on that. He loves getting canadian bacon and pineapple, but I think he does that simply because he knows I'll whine about having it having pineapple on it :lol:

But don't knock on our mexican food, cause it owns all. We got better mexican food than mexico.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
I'm not a pineapple person, but my dad would whoop ya on that.  He loves getting canadian bacon and pineapple, but I think he does that simply because he knows I'll whine about having it having pineapple on it :lol: 

But don't knock on our mexican food, cause it owns all.  We got better mexican food than mexico.

um...no. Come to Texas. THAT's Mexican food. And Steff...I love ya, but it's hot dog-ketchup intervention time. The first step is admitting you have a dog-ketchup problem. :lol:

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
I'm not a pineapple person, but my dad would whoop ya on that.  He loves getting canadian bacon and pineapple, but I think he does that simply because he knows I'll whine about having it having pineapple on it :lol: 

But don't knock on our mexican food, cause it owns all.  We got better mexican food than mexico.

Because there are more Mexicans in California than in Mexico... :ph34r: :D

Steff, I'm with you. I'm going to eat ketchup on a dog if I want. Hell, I might even eat some catsup on it too!

To ME, a Chicago style dog is simply the good beef hot dog itself (prefer Vienna so anybody that wants to send me some, PM me for my address). I know of all the toppings, but I am a picky bastard and don't eat mustard (I think I had an incident with mustard as a child, but am not sure) or onions.

That said, I can't put kethup on any other kind of hot-dog shaped food. Not on brats, not on Italian or Polish sausages or any other kind or 'wurst.

If I may, allow me to add another turn to this discussion...

What other areas of the country are known for specific foods? Off the top of my head, I can think of a few.

Texas - chili

Cincinnati - chili (I'm jonesing for some Skyline right now!)

New York - pizza and Italian (maybe that is too broad)

Philadelphia - cheesesteaks

Memphis and Birmingham - BBQ

others that fit specifically and aren't too broad?

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 07:39 PM)
If I may, allow me to add another turn to this discussion...

What other areas of the country are known for specific foods?  Off the top of my head, I can think of a few.

Texas - chili

Cincinnati - chili (I'm jonesing for some Skyline right now!)

New York - pizza and Italian (maybe that is too broad)

Philadelphia - cheesesteaks

Memphis and Birmingham - BBQ

others that fit specifically and aren't too broad?

Kansas City - Steak and BBQ

Edited by SoxFan1