If your gonna whine and jump off a cliff

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Help is not on the way. 

KW is going to sit on his hands this year.  The last few years, he trades everything for Everett and Alomar.  This year when we actually have a chance at doing something, we dont trade because god forbid we trade a good prospect.  He might be good like Borchard one day.  Now our pitchers got a great message, pitch the game of your life and we will whimper out like a fart trying to swing for the fences.

They dont need bats, with their swings they need Tigers driver.  FORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Timo Perez is our answer because he f***ing brought in some nasty panties.

Name one guy the Sox could realistically have traded for and didn't that would make this team not suck on offense.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
Well said.

This is abysmal.  I know it's Santana, but this has been weeks now.  Even at the end of our last (too short) win streak, we were winning 2-1, 3-2, etc.  Score some runs, already, pick up someone by trade, help.

I don't think we're this bad, but I didn't think that early in the season, either, and now it's worse.  Don't let this one away.

Problem with tonite is people will simply use Santana's stature as an excuse for their performance. It stands out more with Garcia's game, but it's far from an aberration.

We've seen him for the third time this year. He's not molded from the arms of the best pitchers in baseball history. Teams have beaten him. Make adjustments. Take a few pitches. If we're losing, lose with several walks and more than 3 f***ing hits; 2 of which came off a reserve player in Ozuna.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Help is not on the way. 

KW is going to sit on his hands this year.  The last few years, he trades everything for Everett and Alomar.  This year when we actually have a chance at doing something, we dont trade because god forbid we trade a good prospect.  He might be good like Borchard one day.  Now our pitchers got a great message, pitch the game of your life and we will whimper out like a fart trying to swing for the fences.

They dont need bats, with their swings they need Tigers driver.  FORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Timo Perez is our answer because he f***ing brought in some nasty panties.

You guys ALL STFU! You guys are all damn weak. Damn, we are still 7 games up on the Indians, and here you are talking about dumping the Sox; season is over; KW isn't going to do anything, etc...

Tomorrow is the new season, a 40-game season, and we are 7 GAMES UP on the Indians. I love our chances, wouldn't you?

Stand up and march on! Stop your WHINING...

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
You guys ALL STFU!  You guys are all damn weak.  Damn, we are still 7 games up on the Indians, and here you are talking about dumping the Sox; season is over; KW isn't going to do anything, etc...

Tomorrow is the new season, a 40-game season, and we are 7 GAMES UP on the Indians.  I love our chances, wouldn't you? 

Stand up and march on!  Stop your WHINING...

now i know how fathom felt

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Hey buddy, don't let the door hit you on the way out.  I don't care if Sox lose the rest of their games this season....I'll still always root for them.

This is fathom talking?

Sweet Jesus, what has this board come to. :bang

Who else besides me found a silver lining to this loss? **peeks over wall**

Garcia pitched in the house of horrors and matched a reigning Cy Young winner pitch for f***ing pitch. If not for web-gemlike plays from Stewart and Jones, the Sox may have had a run or two. And the Sox played *gasp* DEFENSE! In the dome no less!

Obviously, this loss hurts like s***. But this was a playoff type game, and with healthy personnel back in a week or so, I still like the Sox odds. :headbang

Now, fire away. :lol:

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
The problem is even if the Sox make the playoffs, you have to face other playoff team's top pitchers. The White Sox offense has very little chance against good pitching. They have stopped running. They have stopped advancing runners. They don't situational hit, and if you don't have a couple .300  hitters, you aren't going to score much with that approach. It was fairly obvious in the second inning tonight that Garcia would have to pitch a shutout to win. I posted it then, and I'm no genius.

Well I posted a few times earlier in the season about how bad this team is in BA, OBP and how we are last or near the bottom in the AL in singles, doubles and triples.

Then of course the response was "Oh we are last in doubles, but we score a lot of runs and we have the best record in baseball, the whole idea is to score runs".

Doubles are a very interesting stat. Doubles happen mainly because of line drives either hit down the line or in the gaps. We dont have line drive hitters.

Does anyone remember the article during the padres series of when Rowand changed his swing because he wanted to get around on the ball more to center it up for more power. Well the power stroke looks good arow as they dunston you to death throwing s*** off the outside corner. And of course we pinch hit for gooch one of the few guys who has actually got an oppo swing going.

This is worse than Corpseball. This is moronball.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:42 AM)
Problem with tonite is people will simply use Santana's stature as an excuse for their performance. It stands out more with Garcia's game, but it's far from an aberration.

We've seen him for the third time this year. He's not molded from the arms of the best pitchers in baseball history. Teams have beaten him. Make adjustments. Take a few pitches. If we're losing, lose with several walks and more than 3 f***ing hits; 2 of which came off a reserve player in Ozuna.

Hey, if we start winning tomorrow (start and not finish), I'm fine w/ using the Santana defense. O/w (God forbid), I don't think anyone'll do that. Everyone's frustrated now, even the optimists.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:45 AM)

This is worse than Corpseball.  This is moronball.

This is corpseball without talented players in the heart of the lineup. At least Carlos Lee, Maggs, and Thomas would hit a homer once in a while.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)

How about this for a strategy. Try and purposely hit the ball to the other field. If its a changeup you will probably pull it.

This was from Hawk and DJ the last time we faced Santana.

You may be right, but f*** this. You may not agree, but I believe I deserve more than this.

The Twins are a 50M team. We are better than them. We spend 75M to lose to them...BAD...EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Enjoy it.

And to the other guy who said that's just sad...good for you, enjoy being a Cub fan...err I mean a loser Sox fan the rest of your life.

Like I said, the ONLY way I take any of this back is if this team prooves to me they DESERVE ME as a fan...they win this division. I don't care if they get swept out of the playoffs, but they need to win the division for me now. I've been there through everything with this team, now they need to do what should be easy to do to keep me around, and win a few games a take this division...

Maybe I'm just a little drunk and mad...but this makes me sick.

Period.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
That's just pathetic.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:44 AM)
LOL, I still hate you Fathom, but now I sort of understand.

:P

Trust me, I never wanted it to go this way. I would have liked nothing else for the lead to stay in double digits all year, and for people to continue to bash me for being a pessimist. The one thing that pissed me off more than anything was when people would use stupid stats like "if the Sox go 21-20, etc". Who in their right mind thinks it's a guarantee that a team goes .500? This Sox team isn't talented enough to take their foot off of the accelerator...and I honestly feel like that's what we did.

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)
This is fathom talking?

Sweet Jesus, what has this board come to.  :bang

Who else besides me found a silver lining to this loss? **peeks over wall**

Garcia pitched in the house of horrors and matched a reigning Cy Young winner pitch for f***ing pitch.  If not for web-gemlike plays from Stewart and Jones, the Sox may have had a run or two.  And the Sox played *gasp* DEFENSE! In the dome no less!

Obviously, this loss hurts like s***.  But this was a playoff type game, and with healthy personnel back in a week or so, I still like the Sox odds. :headbang

Now, fire away. :lol:

I really have never found how something good could be taken out of a game you should have won but didn't. Or how you can take something positive out of not being able to score a run to pick up your teammate who only allowed 1 hit. Kind of like I never believe Buerhle beaning that guy in Baltimore was going to bring the team together even more, like a lot of people were posting that day.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:47 AM)
You really think picking up one of those guys would make this offense hit?

You think we would have won this game if we had Eduardo Perez?

It would be an excellent start. Perez has a .945 OPS against lefties, and would be very cheap to acquire. He'd also give you a back-up at 1b for PK. Ozuna should never, ever play 3rd base again. I appreciate Ozuna's hustle, but I've never seen a 3rd baseman look worse on defense.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
You may be right, but f*** this.  You may not agree, but I believe I deserve more than this.

The Twins are a 50M team.  We are better than them.  We spend 75M to lose to them...BAD...EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Enjoy it.

And to the other guy who said that's just sad...good for you, enjoy being a Cub fan...err I mean a loser Sox fan the rest of your life.

Like I said, the ONLY way I take any of this back is if this team prooves to me they DESERVE ME as a fan...they win this division.  I don't care if they get swept out of the playoffs, but they need to win the division for me now.  I've been there through everything with this team, now they need to do what should be easy to do to keep me around, and win a few games a take this division...

Maybe I'm just a little drunk and mad...but this makes me sick.

Period.

Dude, have fun. I seriously don't want you claiming to be a Sox fan. GET THE f*** OFF MY BANDWAGON. I'll continue to be a "loser sox fan" for the rest of my life, it doesn't mean I'm a blind f*** that doesnt' see obvious holes in my favorite team, it means they are my favorite team I hate them right now but tomorrow night I'll be cheering for them again. If they blow it I'll be f***ing pissed and b**** and moan but I'm not just going to quit being a fan. That's just f***ing stupid. You f***ing make me sick.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
It would be an excellent start.  Perez has a .945 OPS against lefties, and would be very cheap to acquire.  He'd also give you a back-up at 1b for PK.  Ozuna should never, ever play 3rd base again.  I appreciate Ozuna's hustle, but I've never seen a 3rd baseman look worse on defense.

There would have been some nice pieces that would could have picked up at the deadline that would have made the team better but what I'm saying is, there wasn't that one big bat out there that would have made this a dangerous offense.