If your gonna whine and jump off a cliff

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:48 PM)
Rowand is in the exact same squatty stance as last year.  Pitchers have made an adjustment on him, he needs to adjust in return.

I wonder why so many on this board aren't employed in baseball, I'm not either.

Rowand's swing is longer than it was last season....among other things. The two main reasons our offense has underperformed this season is that Rowand and Uribe haven't maintained anything close to their offensive numbers from last year.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 06:48 AM)
Rowand is in the exact same squatty stance as last year.  Pitchers have made an adjustment on him, he needs to adjust in return.

I wonder why so many on this board aren't employed in baseball, I'm not either.

Well review video of his swing from last year to this year. Which is where I base this from. The stance is the same, the hand positioning is not. He has them more tucked into his body. His swing is not short and compact like last year. We see this a few times this year, where he uses a compact swing and gets a good hit on the ball.

Well review video of his swing from last year to this year. Which is where I base this from. The stance is the same, the hand positioning is not.  He has them more tucked into his body.  His swing is not short and compact like last year.  We see this a few times this year, where he uses a compact swing and gets a good hit on the ball.

I did look at his swing, that's why I said what I said.

I do agree with fathom though, the inconsistency of Rowand and Uribe are two big reasons for the problem. Uribe was inconsistent last year too.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 08:26 AM)
Well review video of his swing from last year to this year. Which is where I base this from. The stance is the same, the hand positioning is not.  He has them more tucked into his body.  His swing is not short and compact like last year.  We see this a few times this year, where he uses a compact swing and gets a good hit on the ball.

The dreaded long and loopy swing. It's going to make Joe Crede an ex- Major Leaguer. On another note. Some folks are versatile. Even some without big jobs. Ive met more than a few baseball fans who are very observant about various facets and nuances of the game. Maybe they don't deserve a job in baseball, but neither do they deserve to be bashed or criticized either. All this losing is making people mean.

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
The dreaded long and loopy swing. It's going to make Joe Crede an ex- Major Leaguer. On another note. Some folks are versatile. Even some without big jobs. Ive met more than a few baseball fans who are very observant about various facets and nuances of the game. Maybe they don't deserve a job in baseball, but neither do they deserve to be bashed or criticized either. All this losing is making people mean.

It's like people criticizing the president, in some ways. Hey, if you can do a better job, you'd be in politics, right? Right? :lolhitting

I'm still waiting for the thread about how KW needs to be fired...

Of course it will someone totally ignorant who wouldn't realize that without KW's moves in the first place we would of been a 4th place team all along...

This place has become really terrible lately...

You people think i'm not the most optimistic person but some of you don't hold a candle to me... This place has become painful to even lurk at anymore...

If anyone is curious as to why I never post here anymore thats why...

To think I vent in the gamethread a few times and I'm called not a real fan, a troll...

Yes i've eaten some crow on this board, I wasn't the biggest fan of the Freddy Garcia trade till we locked him up long term, I wasn't the biggest fan of the Scotty P. trade till we signed AJ and Gooch to go along with him and he proved that he could ignite the offense... But to think that I was pretty much cast out for saying s*** not half as bad as the crap going on around here is just nuts...

WE LOST TO LAST YEARS CY YOUNG WINNER!!! IT HAPPENS!!!

GET A GRIP!!!

It had to be said... This place has become painful lately...

To think their was once a time that I actually legitimately respected all of the posters here... Now I can honestly say that I only respect half or maybe even less of you...

Yes we have a losing streak... Yes we lost to Johan Santana... BUT jeez theirs no excuse for all of this sky is falling because we didn't get Ken Griffey Jr crap...

Last night other than the Timo move was not an issue. It is the Shawn Chacon, Mike Mussina (his ERA was 4) this isn't Mussina circa 1997 here, Gil Meche, Josh Towers, Kyle Lohse, Aaron Small, Wade Miller, Hideo Nomo, games where we have no chance that gets me. These are games where it appeared over before it began.

Although we were throughly dominated for 17 innings by Santana. I understand he is good but come on.

After seeing our lead cut by more than half during a relatively short time span while our offense continues its month-long struggle, there is legitimate cause for concern. You telling others to get a grip is comical.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 10:30 AM)
It had to be said... This place has become painful lately...

To think their was once a time that I actually legitimately respected all of the posters here... Now I can honestly say that I only respect half or maybe even less of you...

Yes we have a losing streak... Yes we lost to Johan Santana... BUT jeez theirs no excuse for all of this sky is falling because we didn't get Ken Griffey Jr crap...

you're not alone, believe me.

you just have to pick your spots now, unfortunately.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
Last night other than the Timo move was not an issue.  It is the Shawn Chacon, Mike Mussina (his ERA was 4) this isn't Mussina circa 1997 here, Gil Meche, Josh Towers, Kyle Lohse, Aaron Small, Wade Miller, Hideo Nomo, games where we have no chance that gets me.  These are games where it appeared over before it began.

Although we were throughly dominated for 17 innings by Santana.  I understand he is good but come on.

If i'm not mistaken since Shawn Chacon has come to the Yanks he has been nothing short of great for them..

All of those guys you listed have some talent and most have had success in the past at one point or another... Pitchers have good games, they get hot... It happens... Get over it...

Think about how many teams were saying this same s*** about Jon Garland when he first started winning games...

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
After seeing our lead cut by more than half during a relatively short time span while our offense continues its month-long struggle, there is legitimate cause for concern.  You telling others to get a grip is comical.

I'm not saying there isn't cause for concern... But you can show your concern without thinking the sky is falling or making the board full of so and so sucks... so and so should of done this... ozzie is a moron threads...

If the White Sox don't make the playoffs, I think KW should be fired. To me there is no in- between. He is the Executive of the Year if they make it, and should be looking for a job if they don't. So while I'm not calling for him to be fired like the first post of this thread figured someone might, I think he still has some work to do, and if he can't get it done, they need to find someone who will.

I don't want KW fired. Even if we don't win another game this year. He gave his all in the off season and he did it on the Major League version of a budget. Whether I'm liked or respected or not, I'm tired of hearing about that great and all good Cy Young winner Johann Santana. You want to win a World Series? You've got to beat the Johann Santana's of the baseball world. It's not just losing here. It's losing to the Twins year after year after year after year ...... The Twins and their fans have to be laughing at us. If we get swept in this series I give us less than a 50/50 chance of making the playoffs. Ah, the playoffs. Don't you think there will have to be a quantum leap of improvement over the last 40 games for the Sox to be taken seriously in the post season? I'm sorry about what happened to the Sox this August. I'm especially sorry because I've been around as a fan since Eisenhower was in the White House. Losing is one thing. Losing like this is quite another. All you can say about recent events is thank God for the Royals. Tonight Mark Buerhle has a chance to show that he really is a big game pitcher. To show that if you want to win a World Series you have to beat the Mark Buerhle's of the baseball world.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 01:45 AM)
If the White Sox don't make the playoffs, I think KW should be fired. To me there is no in- between. He is the Executive of the Year if they make it, and should be looking for a job if they don't. So while I'm not calling for him to be fired like the first post of this thread figured someone might, I think he still has some work to do, and if he can't get it done, they need to find someone who will.

Who would replace KW as the GM?

Anyways, this maybe just all a big knee - jerk reaction, and a couple months from now, we could be talking to each other as fans of the World Series Champions.

I too would like to see people be a little more positive, but you learn to accept it ain't gonna happen, because well White Sox fans are mainly pessimists, not optimists, and that comes with the territory and what's happened in the past.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)
I too would like to see people be a little more positive, but you learn to accept it ain't gonna happen, because well White Sox fans are mainly pessimists, not optimists, and that comes with the territory and what's happened in the past.

I think that's a big part of this. We have long suffered as fans of this team...so this year hopes are high, and we feel this could be the year...and then when it matters, we appear to be falling apart. The main fact is this: Our bats stink right but we are in first place. Everyone on this board b****ing wants us to turn it around, but it is certainly a scary time right now.

Lets get out of this slump...Go Sox.

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
I don't want KW fired. Even if we don't win another game this year. He gave his all in the off season and he did it on the Major League version of a budget. Whether I'm liked or respected or not, I'm tired of hearing about that great and all good Cy Young winner Johann Santana. You want to win a World Series? You've got to beat the Johann Santana's of the baseball world. It's not just losing here. It's losing to the Twins year after year after year after year ...... The Twins and their fans have to be laughing at us. If we get swept in this series I give us less than a 50/50 chance of making the playoffs. Ah, the playoffs. Don't you think there will have to be a quantum leap of improvement over the last 40 games for the Sox to be taken seriously in the post season? I'm sorry about what happened to the Sox this August. I'm especially sorry because I've been around as a fan since Eisenhower was in the White House. Losing is one thing. Losing like this is quite another. All you can say about recent events is thank God for the Royals. Tonight Mark Buerhle has a chance to show that he really is a big game pitcher. To show that if you want to win a World Series you have to beat the Mark Buerhle's of the baseball world.

Don't use the budget as an excuse for KW. He has the highest budget in the division, and if he could develop minor leaguers who could actually contribute, he would have more money to spend on impact players. Its his 5th year as GM. Who has he developed? Compared to other organizations, the farm system has been poor.

Please.... KW is not going to be and should not be fired. No way. That's silly.

That doesn't mean he doesn't take most of the blame if there is a complete collapse or a 1st playoff series loss. He does.

The proof is in the pudding. We've been a 2nd place team or a 1st place team than cannot do anything in the playoffs for DECADES.

If he doesn't improve that, then we're no better and no worse with him (i.e. we're not going to have a losing season, we're not going to be in 3rd place).

So he is either "Exec Of The Year" or "Par For The Course".

The latter does not deserve firing this year...