Game Thread 8/29

Ishmookie

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(quickman @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
not trying to be dumb, right now we are getting routed for the second day in a row with our aces on the mound. You can shurk it off to "it happens" if it continues tommorow, you can shurk it off again, if we get swept, well its a problem. We are not playing well lately. That too is a fact. You can lean on the win streak but we beat a light hitting team in Minny and a last place team in seattle. No biggie.

We aren't hitting well lately. But I"m not talking about the team. I'm talking about Mark.

QUOTE(quickman @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:47 AM)
not trying to be dumb, right now we are getting routed for the second day in a row with our aces on the mound. You can shurk it off to "it happens" if it continues tommorow, you can shurk it off again, if we get swept, well its a problem. We are not playing well lately. That too is a fact. You can lean on the win streak but we beat a light hitting team in Minny and a last place team in seattle. No biggie.

It wouldn't be so dire if the Indians weren't playing so well right now. But they're peaking at the right time, and our offense is massively struggling. Sometimes, I think the Sox organization wants to clinch the division in one night instead of playing the game every day. The effort the last two days is unacceptable.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:48 PM)
You need to do better research. Buerhle has 0 wins against the Angels, you claim he has 2. Beating Detroit and Baltimore really is nothing to hang your hat on. Boston and Oakland are possible playoff opponents, and he was tagged.

He had quality starts against both those teams.

I thought people would realize that by saying he beat them was referring to him being in a position to beat them by pitching extremely well. Once his offense blew it, once his bullpen blew it.

But your right. I gave everybody too much credit. I should have spelled it out.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
Aren't you taking into account earned runs, and not unearned runs also?  He pitched real poor in both of those games, and even though some runs weren't earned, he still pitched bad.  We get over guys like Contreras and Garland when they can't pitch over errors....yet Buehrle has been worse than anyone on the staff overcoming defensive errors.

Yeah, Buehrle's WHIP against Boston is 2.09. Against Oakland it's 1.96. Sure, maybe those errors allow guys to score but he's still putting a ton of guys on base.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
We hit in the 250s with pod in April and May.  There was this HOF hitting guy who came in around June and July.  That was when we hit 270 as a team.  Then when he gets hurt, we hit in the 220s.  But if you think it was Pods who struck fear and got all those other hitters their good fastballs to hit instead of the HOFer that we havent replaced, to each their own.

nice which is why we need griffey (HOF)

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:50 AM)
He had quality starts against both those teams.

I thought people would realize that by saying he beat them was referring to him being in a position to beat them by pitching extremely well. Once his offense blew it, once his bullpen blew it.

But your right. I gave everybody too much credit. I should have spelled it out.

Why didn't you say he was in the position to win then instead of making up stats such as his two "wins" against Anaheim? It is ok to make mistakes, we all do it. It is only human. You don't need to overreact and talk down to us.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:51 AM)
Yeah, Buehrle's WHIP against Boston is 2.09. Against Oakland it's 1.96. Sure, maybe those errors allow guys to score but he's still putting a ton of guys on base.

And those weren't bloop hits left and right. Boston and Oakland were hitting rockets all over the place against Buehrle.