Game Thread 8/29

Ishmookie

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell is this Buerhle's fault? Maybe if we got a f***ing rally we would have a shot. Let's see over the weekend we got 5, 4 and 2 runs in Minnesota we got 0 6 (yipee) and 2 runs. Prior to this we lost 7 in a row. The pressure on our staff is incredible as th likes of every hitter in this lineup underachieves. Pierzynski has 47 RBI's??? That is less than Uribe with 8 more home runs. Podsednik is a nice player but he isn't goign to turn this around. Rowand, well he has a nice outing in center at Yankee stadium.

We are not the shoe in to the playoffs we think we are.

We have not come back in a game in weeks (more than arun down). This was how we were a winning team.

THIS IS NoOBUERHLE's FAULT. We are getting schooled by a s***ty pitcher YET AGAIN.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
Watch the games much?

He has the best ERA in the f***ing league. There are only so many bad offenses in the league. He's dominated Cleveland, Detroit, Texas before tonight, the Angels, Baltimore. The only good teams that he hasn't pitched well against are Oakland and Boston. I got news for you. A lot of pithcers have that problem.

This is unreal what I'm reading tonight. The f***ing ERA leader. Wow.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
So you go replace your starting infield on teh best team in the AL? THere is a reason you guys aren't GMs.

Dont replace them. But hope to god that our pitchers completely and utterly shut down the opposition. Because if you dont mind a few hits by the 5th inning and scoring only on the dong, then you have this offense.

We win games when we are at a 2-1, 3-2. If our pitching falters at all, do you think this team can come back and score a 3 or 4 spot.

QUOTE(quickman @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
didn't I say buerhle would give up 6 or 7 before leaving. that was in the first inning. PS Mcarthy get shelled. 6 runs.

Well, I would have agreed had I known we would play s***ty D tonight.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
How the hell is this Buerhle's fault?  Maybe if we got a f***ing rally we would have a shot.  Let's see over the weekend we got 5, 4 and 2 runs in Minnesota we got 0 6 (yipee) and 2 runs.  Prior to this we lost 7 in a row.  The pressure on our staff is incredible as th likes of every hitter in this lineup underachieves.  Pierzynski has 47 RBI's???  That is less than Uribe with 8 more home runs.  Podsednik is a nice player but he isn't goign to turn this around.  Rowand, well he has a nice outing in center at Yankee stadium.

We have not come back in a game in weeks (more than arun down).  This was how we were a winning team.

THIS IS NoOBUERHLE's FAULT.  We are getting schooled by a s***ty pitcher YET AGAIN.

That's the problem. This anemic offense puts so much pressure on the pitching staff, eventually they are going to cave. One thing is for sure. If the offense continues to struggle, and the Sox make the playoffs, the pitching staff is going to be exhaused.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
He has the best ERA in the f***ing league. There are only so many bad offenses in the league. He's dominated Cleveland, Detroit, Texas before tonight, the Angels, Baltimore. The only good teams that he hasn't pitched well against are Oakland and Boston. I got news for you. A lot of pithcers have that problem.

This is unreal what I'm reading tonight. The f***ing ERA leader. Wow.

Because he mainly feeds off the garbage of the league. Look, I love Buehrle, but the guy hasn't performed that great this year against better teams.

Wow.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
How the hell is this Buerhle's fault?  Maybe if we got a f***ing rally we would have a shot.  Let's see over the weekend we got 5, 4 and 2 runs in Minnesota we got 0 6 (yipee) and 2 runs.  Prior to this we lost 7 in a row.  The pressure on our staff is incredible as th likes of every hitter in this lineup underachieves.  Pierzynski has 47 RBI's???  That is less than Uribe with 8 more home runs.  Podsednik is a nice player but he isn't goign to turn this around.  Rowand, well he has a nice outing in center at Yankee stadium.

We have not come back in a game in weeks (more than arun down).  This was how we were a winning team.

THIS IS NoOBUERHLE's FAULT.  We are getting schooled by a s***ty pitcher YET AGAIN.

Our pitching has been phenominal. We cant expect the staff to toss up zeros everytime they go up there. Sometimes they have a bad start, it happens. But our offense cannot compensate for that.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:25 AM)
Last time I checked, we were the team 31 games over .500 with the best record in the AL.  Who are the indians?

The team with the ability to come from behind in games and win lately. Meanwhile, once we get down by more than 1 run, the game's an automatic loss this month.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)
Our pitching has been phenominal.  We cant expect the staff to toss up zeros everytime they go up there.  Sometimes they have a bad start, it happens.  But our offense cannot compensate for that.

Sometimes the offense has to win games for your team. It's that simple.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
The team with the ability to come from behind in games and win lately.  Meanwhile, once we get down by more than 1 run, the game's an automatic loss this month.

whats our record since the break, and whats clevelands?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
Because he mainly feeds off the garbage of the league.  Look, I love Buehrle, but the guy hasn't performed that great this year against better teams.

Wow.

I just showed you that he has pretty much dominated everyone buy Oakland and Boston. What the hell are you talking about. Go look at his game log.

Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, Anaheim, etc. etc. How come everyone hasn't crushed the lesser teams and have a low ERA like Buerhle? Because he has the best f***ing ERA in the league.

Unreal.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
Our pitching has been phenominal.  We cant expect the staff to toss up zeros everytime they go up there.  Sometimes they have a bad start, it happens.  But our offense cannot compensate for that.

That is my point the only time I can recall out hitting a team was Toronto on that afternoon Garland got lite up. This is killing the psyche of the rotation.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)
Nevermind the fact that he's hit the ball hard twice.

I'm just saying, it's not just him. Everyone in the media seemed to think that just cause Pods was back, it would mean the entire offense would pick up.