Game Thread 8/29

Ishmookie

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)
Think about how the Tribe felt watching us the 1st half.

True, but we were never coming back from 5 run deficits seemingly every other day. I believe I heard the Indians have come back from deficits of 4 or more runs like 5 times this month.

The Indians are playing with as much confidence as any team I've seen in a long time in regards to competing throughout the entire game. On the other hand, we haven't come back from a deficit of more than one this entire month. We need to discover our offensive fire, and soon. We're playing some good hitting teams this week compared to the poor hitting teams of last week.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
The Indians are playing with as much confidence as any team I've seen in a long time in regards to competing throughout the entire game.  On the other hand, we haven't come back from a deficit of more than one this entire month.  We need to discover our offensive fire, and soon.  We're playing some good hitting teams this week compared to the poor hitting teams of last week.

I agree, fathom. But I think they'll hit pretty well in Texas.

I'm sitting here in class, at the Uni. of Dallas... I would much rather be at the game. Tonight's relatively cool, like 92.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
Thats what Twins fans said about the Sox in May.

And they DID! :P

I'm not worried about the tribe making up 9 games in the loss column. They'd have to stay redhot and the Sox would have to revert to their mid-August form.

I just don't think either is going to happen. With the exception of Millwood, they don't have the pitching to sustain them. They're outslugging teams right now. Remember the last few years when the Sox used to do that?

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 06:01 PM)
And they DID!  :P

I'm not worried about the tribe making up 9 games in the loss column. They'd have to stay redhot and the Sox would have to revert to their mid-August form.

I just don't think either is going to happen. With the exception of Millwood, they don't have the pitching to sustain them. They're outslugging teams right now. Remember the last few years when the Sox used to do that?

its 10 in the loss column. just fyi

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 12:01 AM)
And they DID!  :P

C.C. is pitching very good now, and Cliff Lee has actually been solid this year. I would have never guessed that Westbrook would be their worst starter. Their bullpen is so underrated though.