Personal Attacks

Chisoxfn

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
One thing I always respected about this site was that it was soxTALK.com, and not soxCHEERLEADING.com.

pssst/// here comes Soxy//// maybe she can be our soxcheerleading.com rep!

:P

;)

:cheers

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
I know a lot of people dislike me as a poster, but I think these new rules are easy to follow.  I used to make fun of the Ozzie/Timo stuff, but all it took was one person to say stop it, and I did.  It's not a hard concept.  Since a lot of people hate the negative posts that people like myself, Milkman, and SSI make, how about just a running thread for pessimist/negative posts so that we don't upset other posters that don't want to deal with it?

I think saying whats on your mind is a good thing and I think you have always been a good poster fathom. Doesn't matter if your posts are pessimistic or optomistic, you always have something insightful to say. And I don't agree with the people that say you are not a true die hard fan when you say somethin negative about the team. Keep posting. :cheers

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
One thing I always respected about this site was that it was soxTALK.com, and not soxCHEERLEADING.com.

:notworthy

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
I think saying whats on your mind is a good thing and I think you have always been a good poster fathom.  Dosent matter is it is pessimistic or optomistic,  you always have something insightful to say.

:notworthy right on brother.

Thanks. Again, I don't want to make this about me. I just know that I pissed off a lot of people, and I want to try and help make this place better for everyone. Hell, even if the rules were changed so that only optimistic posts were allowed on this board, I would change my philosophy just so I could continue posting on this great board.

BTW, I take it that we're still allowed to criticize Ozzie in game threads? Of course, without the name calling!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
Thanks.  Again, I don't want to make this about me.  I just know that I pissed off a lot of people, and I want to try and help make this place better for everyone.  Hell, even if the rules were changed so that only optimistic posts were allowed on this board, I would change my philosophy just so I could continue posting on this great board. 

BTW, I take it that we're still allowed to criticize Ozzie in game threads?  Of course, without the name calling!

Slam his actions all you want.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
This Post reaks of a scene from Monty Python and Holy Grail in which the guards keep getting the directions wrong for guarding the prince from fleeing his wedding.

"Now, stay here and make sure he doesn't leave."

"Ok."

"Where are you going?!"

"We're coming with you!"

:rolly

I'm going to go ahead and close this.

I think it's pretty clear what we're after here, and I really appreciate the conversation that has taken place with this.

Remember, it's all about respect.

PM us with any questions, comments, concerns, or issues.

Kap

QUOTE(marsh @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 11:03 AM)
I am fine with the policy, seriously, I welcome less personal attacks as long as everyone is treated the same.

The only thing that is rubbing me the wrong way is the motivation behind the new player bashing policy.  What you say above, along with mentioning how players don't care for certain things written say that there is more to it than just the people here.

Personally, I think this is the main reason for the change, you guys disagree. fine. I've said what I wanted to say and now I'm dropping it. Thank you for your replys.

Its about making it a site where we have a broad spectrum of knowledge but at the same time the members are able to talk amongst one another without getting assaulted with personal attacks. Its also about presenting a good, professional site, one that new members would be attracted to joining.

This policy is going to help make the board better in so many ways. It will make this place much more like it was a year or so ago and will also make it a lot better for new members that are interested in joining the site.

As owner of this site I can be the first one to say I've never had any problems ever with Sox management. In fact I deal quite often with certain members in the organization. At the same time I feel it best that there be a level of respect and the bashing of players has nothing and I mean absolutely nothing to do with how the organization looks at things and everything to do with how us members view the site.

If this team was in last place, people would be talking about things the organization needs to improve in. Ie, basically bashing the job of the organization. There isn't anything wrong with that. Lets say the team is in last place, you could blame Kenny and Ozzie and whoever the heck else, but blame them for their baseball decisions.

Don't say those incompetent morons should f*cking die.