The Ross Gload Conspiracy

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 11:13 AM)
You sound like you are angry.  That is why I asked how your day is.  If I offended you I apologize.  Furthermore, I will be the better man and walk away.  I would not want to upset you more.

Friendly advice. Step away and read the thread up at the top of this page on personal attacks. One more post like this and you will be suspension number one under this policy.

Why doesn't everyone just walk away from this right now...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound like you are angry.  That is why I asked how your day is.  If I offended you I apologize.  Furthermore, I will be the better man and walk away.  I would not want to upset you more.

I'm not upset at all, thanks for your concern though.

It looked to me like you were upset with the giant rude is large font and capital letters, but I guess in your book that's called being the better man. So I'm sorry if you thought I was upset, I simply stated that you'd made your point umpteen times already and it was clearly understood.

Now that I'm the only one in this thread, when we start debating TOWARD ONE ANOTHER as opposed to debating the point, you're skating on thin ice. This is a perfect example.

This is the kind of nonsense that needs to stop. I appreciate everyone having to defend themselves and make sure that the entire world gets the point that was trying to be made, but this is a perfect example of when things go too far.

Let's get back to the topic of Gload being on this team in 3 days, shall we? :D

Kap

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 08:49 AM)
Gload won't be the starting 1b for the Sox next year.  I will guarantee that.

I hope so because it would mean a weakened lineup. Cleveland is going to be tough for a few years and the Twins always seem to find a way. I'm not expecting to be a consistent playoff team with the Ross Gloads of the world.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 08:43 AM)
DO you enjoy watching Pop Up Paulie walk to the plate 4 times a game in the 3 hole only to pop up twice, K once with runners on base, then single with the bases empty consistently?  Do you honostly see him as a clutch hitter?

I usually see Paulie hitting 4th, and since the all star break I usually see him hitting around .340 and leading the team in HR's.

But I guess we all see what we want to see.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 06:49 AM)
Anybody notice Ross is hitting .370 in AAA?  Sure we could use the good old Hawkism and ask "Where do we play him?", but Paulie nor Everett have been exactly clutch.  I would have rather seen him in the outfield over Timo when Pods was hurt.  One dropped flyball against the Cubs and everybody thinks he can't play the outfield.  Though he is not exactly a gold glover.  I suspect that if Konerko signs elsewhere after the season, Gload would likely be our starting 1B next year.  Gload hit very well down the stretch last year.  Judging by our current offensive anemia, I would say a change is due.  Let's stop worrying about where to play KGJ (who will never come) and start thinking about where to play Gload.  Get the hot bat some at-bats.  Any reason why he should not at-least be on the big league club? :gosoxretro:

Wasnt willie hitting .380 at one point while in AAA a year or 2 ago?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:49 PM)
Gload's injury this season cost him his ability to play the outfield...which wasn't much of an ability to begin with.  In the minds of our mgmt., back-up first baseman was not a very critical position.  Thus, that's the reason he hasn't been up.  Also, it's not like he was tearing the cover off the ball when he was with the Sox THIS season.  One of the biggest mistakes someone can make is putting too much stock in minor league numbers.

Or, worse yet, putting any stock whatsoever into 23 ABs... :rolly

QUOTE(Iguana @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
Wasnt willie hitting .380 at one point while in AAA a year or 2 ago?

Here's the difference, Ross hit well over .300 last year in the major leagues. Ross can hit, he can play a very good first base and he can run a little bit, there honestly is no reason for him not to be with the big club.