Game Thread. Halo's vs Sox 9/11 2:05 Ct

That funky motion

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
True, that doesn't help either. But The Cell is a launching pad right now, and were not taking advantage of it.

We knew this was going to happen when it got hot out. That's one of the main reasons that our starting pitching was so great in the early part of the season.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
Did you see how far that ball carried?? And Gload hit it off the end of the bat the other way!! :o

Imagine playing the Indians. Yesterday their starting lineup featured 9 players with homer totals in the double digits - anywhere from 12 to 25.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
Sup everybody.  I was gonna wait until after the game to post,  but I seriously can't watch this crap right now.  We are on the verge of an epic late season collapse right now.

I'm not too worried about the collapse. If it happens, it won't change our lives in the long haul. I think most Sox fans have realized that this 2005 team isn't a once in a lifetime team that is destined to win the World Series. There will be a 2006 season no matter what happens.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
Sup everybody.  I was gonna wait until after the game to post,  but I seriously can't watch this crap right now.  We are on the verge of an epic late season collapse right now.

Don't worry. After this game we get to face the Central the rest of the way..........THANK GOD!!

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
It has nothing to do with the weather.  It's the fact we can't hang with elite teams.

It's a lot harder to hang with good hitting elite teams when the ball is flying out of the park. We won a ton of 2-1 games early in the season because of how big the park was playing.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
I'm not too worried about the collapse.  If it happens, it won't change our lives in the long haul.  I think most Sox fans have realized that this 2005 team isn't a once in a lifetime team that is destined to win the World Series.  There will be a 2006 season no matter what happens.

I agree that life goes on. But 15 1/2 games up on Aug 1st? All hell is gonna break loose if we blow this thing.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 07:53 PM)
I agree that life goes on.  But 15 1/2 games up on Aug 1st?  All hell is gonna break loose if we blow this thing.

As well it should. What's the worst that could happen? I don't give a s*** if the media makes fun of the Sox for monts because of a collapse....they would deserve every last criticism.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
It's a lot harder to hang with good hitting elite teams when the ball is flying out of the park.  We won a ton of 2-1 games early in the season because of how big the park was playing.

Against non elite teams. We were basically winning those games against the Indians, when they were struggling, Tigers, Royals, ect.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
As well it should.  What's the worst that could happen?  I don't give a s*** if the media makes fun of the Sox for monts because of a collapse....they would deserve every last criticism.

No argument here. But I must admit, I would never feel the same about White Sox baseball again. It would be hard for me to even get up for 06. I don't think i'm alone in that. But, hopefully, it won't come to that and we win this thing.