Game Thread. Halo's vs Sox 9/11 2:05 Ct

That funky motion

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
I totally agree. How many games this year did we concede w/ those lineups?? I say at least 4 or 5. Which if we had won would have given us a 10.5 game lead right now.......... Obviously hindsight is 20/20. But it does make you think  :unsure:

I didn't like seeing the 'B' team either. But resting people may have been a contributing factor to this team somehow having the best record in baseball as of a week ago.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
I didn't like seeing the 'B' team either.  But resting people may have been a contributing factor to this team somehow having the best record in baseball as of a week ago.

He rested players TOO much. Even when there was a day off the next day.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Ozzie was content on simply winning series.  A real manager would go for the kill in most cases.

In all walks of life, the leader show go for the kill, not just for hte win. Putting Timo Perez in the line up regularly tells me that Ozzie may not care about winning the battle or the war. I am not sure what he trying to accomplish by resting players even with a 10 game lead.

Now the real mark of stupidity is when asked after this game Ozzie will say that Brandon pitches good but is no Roger Clemens and El Duque is still in the rotation.

Its nice to see that the offense that we had last week was an abberation and that the corpseball kids from August are still in charge. Oh and BTW Pods is back, so where is our offense.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
He rested players TOO much. Even when there was a day off the next day.

If the point of resting players was solely to 'recharge the batteries', it did seem to be excessive coddling. What you may be failing to take into account is the psyche of the rest of the players. Making the bench an essential component of the team only serves to strengthen the greater whole.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
If the point of resting players was solely to 'recharge the batteries', it did seem to be excessive coddling.  What you may be failing to take into account is the psyche of the rest of the players.  Making the bench an essential component of the team only serves to strengthen the greater whole.

Were basically a .500 team in the 2nd half. I would say resting the players didn't help too much.