Game Thread. Halo's vs Sox 9/11 2:05 Ct

That funky motion

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
Do you guys think the Tribe will catch us? I'm starting to think they will. Our pitching has been s*** lately. (Except for BMac and Jose) But I know- I know Ozzie- Bmac isn't "Mr. Cy Young" or "Roger Clemens" so why consider him for the rotation?!

Hell yeah they can catch us. We've still got 6 games to play with them. I could easily see them taking 5 of those.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think there's ongoing evaluation, and with this performance McCarthy gets a start vs. either Minnesota or Cleveland. They tried the piggyback thing today, which wasn't the worst option in the world but it didn't work.

I just logged on and will probably log right back off. Two or three comments though (1) I am worrieda bout the Tribe. They are playing the same kind of inspired baseball the Sox did the first half. The problem is you ned to be at your best in Sept (2) I hope that El Duckie sits on the bench. We need McCarthy and not a five or less inning starter (3) Where is the hitting?

See, this is what pisses the living s*** out of me. Today's the type of game where Marte should be pitching and trying to get confidence. Rather, Ozzie's wasting our only reliable lefty in mop-up duty. Of course, that would require some actual thinking by Ozzie.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
See, this is what pisses the living s*** out of me.  Today's the type of game where Marte should be pitching and trying to get confidence.  Rather, Ozzie's wasting our only reliable lefty in mop-up duty.  Of course, that would require some actual thinking by Ozzie.

Because Ozzie thinks Marte is his go too guy, and Cotts is the mopup guy.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
:headshake

What's Cleveland's record against us this year?

Who gives a s***. It's been a tale of two halves for the Sox and Indians this year. We're not the same team we were earlier in the year, and they most definitely aren't.

See, this is what pisses the living s*** out of me.  Today's the type of game where Marte should be pitching and trying to get confidence.  Rather, Ozzie's wasting our only reliable lefty in mop-up duty.  Of course, that would require some actual thinking by Ozzie.

The White Sox site says Marte is unavailable for this entire series. A combination of a bad neck, plus confidence issues. So all he's got is Cotts and Sanders. So maybe he is in fact thinking about what pitchers he can use today.

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 09:37 PM)
The White Sox site says Marte is unavailable for this entire series.  A combination of a bad neck, plus confidence issues.  So all he's got is Cotts and Sanders.  So maybe he is in fact thinking about what pitchers he can use today.

So it sounds like Marte has loser's limp. He probably hurt his neck turning around to see that blast that Emil Brown hit off of him. I have a feeling we've seen the last of Marte in a Sox jersey.

Things are not going well.

By this Thursday afternoon, after the Kc series and after Cleveland is done with Oakland, we'll see if it's officially time to panic.

So it sounds like Marte has loser's limp.  He probably hurt his neck turning around to see that blast that Emil Brown hit off of him.  I have a feeling we've seen the last of Marte in a Sox jersey.

I agree, they are totally frustrated with him. He has been battling minor injuries all season long, his trapezius muscle has been really bothering him off and on since Tucson, but so what, either he gets the damn job done or not. I think they're at wits end with him, he is such a quiet guy and internalizes all kinds of stuff and he is a mental mess right now. That's a big reason why Sanders was unexpectedly called up, and Sanders is more or less awful. His wife is very nice and very sweet, but Sanders is awful.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
Who gives a s***.  It's been a tale of two halves for the Sox and Indians this year.  We're not the same team we were earlier in the year, and they most definitely aren't.

Yeah who gives a rat's ass about the facts if they don't favor your argument?

Do any of you actually expect Cleveland to keep winning? As s***ty as our team has been these past few weeks, Cleveland is winning the same games (4 game sweep of Detroit, winning 2 from the Twins.)

Our last 3 games of the season are against the Indians so I really don't see them catching us by the end of the month.

Do any of you actually expect Cleveland to keep winning?  As s***ty as our team has been these past  few weeks, Cleveland is winning the same games (4 game sweep of Detroit, winning 2 from the Twins.)

Our last 3 games of the season are against the Indians so I really don't see them catching us by the end of the month.

Please ask your grandfather to make sure those last 3 games mean nothing. He is a great guy, and I know he has some influence in the neighborhood! :cheers

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)

Do any of you actually expect Cleveland to keep winning?  As s***ty as our team has been these past  few weeks, Cleveland is winning the same games (4 game sweep of Detroit, winning 2 from the Twins.)

Yes, I expect the Indians to keep winning at an extremely high rate. They have an extremely talented team, with a dynamic offense, very good starting pitching, and a great bullpen. Guys like Martinez, Perralta, Boone and Blake have completely turned their seasons around, and C.C., Lee, Millwood and W'Brook have been better since the ASB than our top 4 pitchers have been. The Indians also have all the confidence in the world that they can comeback from huge deficits. The Sox, on the other hand, can't comeback from more than a one run deficit in nearly 50 games.