Game Thread. Halo's vs Sox 9/11 2:05 Ct

That funky motion

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 02:31 PM)
McCarthy better be taking Hernandez' spot in the rotation.

Knowing the usual process used throughout sports when dealing with a rookie replacing a veteran player, we still have to go through the motions.

Including the following Guillen quotes:

" I still have faith in El-Duque"

"He's my big game pitcher"

"You people believe McCarthy is Cy-Young lately"

"Duque will make his next start"

Not unless an injury occurs or several poor outtings will Guillen finally realize McCarthy is more worthy of a position in this rotation.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
Were basically a .500 team in the 2nd half. I would say resting the players didn't help too much.

Any way you look at it, Ozzie steered this group into 1st overall, as of a week ago. I have a harder time understanding that, than understanding why they are slumping at the moment. Pods got hurt and still can't steal. Some of the starters have not performed like they did in the first half - they were absolutely lights out. Does Ozzie get any credit for having the confidence in Garland that nobody else showed. And a couple of our other key hitters have gone in the dumpster at an inoportune time (i.e Everett). I don't see arbitrarily hanging these misfortunes on Ozzie. Absolutely every team had their poor stretches. Let's fire every manager because of it.

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
That's because he doesn't care that his team is losing, right?

I never said that at all. I just left that comment alone, because we all knew it was silly. Iguchi is on the record saying he hates sitting games because it throws his swing off. Yet, Ozzie continues to rest him about once every 4 games now.

One good week in September against bad pitching teams. Then we get shut down in two games by the Royals the owners of the worst staff in baseball. Then we have people trying to park every pitch into the stands. So much for the electric Scotty Pods changing the offense around.