Game Thread. Halo's vs Sox 9/11 2:05 Ct

That funky motion

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 12:55 PM)
Against non elite teams.  We were basically winning those games against the Indians,  when they were struggling,  Tigers,  Royals,  ect.

Were 3-4 vs Boston, 4-5 vs. Anaheim, 3-3 vs the YAnks, 2-7 vs Oakland, and 10-3 vs Cleveland. That equates to a .500 mark of 22-22. Not to bad i say..........We are obviously not going to blow teams away, so our pitching has to carry us, which it hasn't been as much in the 2nd half........BUehrle and GArland carried this team in the 1st half, and they both have losing records in the 2nd. These guys have to get it going again if we have any chance in the playoffs.

Edited by CYGarland

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
Were 3-4 vs Boston, 4-5 vs. Anaheim, 3-3 vs the YAnks, 2-7 vs Oakland, and 10-3 vs Cleveland. That equates to a .500 mark of 22-22. Not to bad i say..........We are obviously not going to blow teams away, so our pitching has to carry us, which it  hasn't been as much in the 2nd half........BUehrle and GArland carried this team in the 1st half, and they both have losing records in the 2nd. These guys have to get it going again if we have any chance in the playoffs.

Pretty much sums it up.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
No argument here.  But I must admit,  I would never feel the same about White Sox baseball again.  It would be hard for me to even get up for 06.  I don't think i'm alone in that.  But,  hopefully,  it won't come to that and we win this thing.

Don't worry about 06. KW will make changes for the better if this team fails in the playoffs................trust me :)

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
Were 3-4 vs Boston, 4-5 vs. Anaheim, 3-3 vs the YAnks, 2-7 vs Oakland, and 10-3 vs Cleveland. That equates to a .500 mark of 22-22. Not to bad i say..........We are obviously not going to blow teams away, so our pitching has to carry us, which it  hasn't been as much in the 2nd half........BUehrle and GArland carried this team in the 1st half, and they both have losing records in the 2nd. These guys have to get it going again if we have any chance in the playoffs.

No argument here. I do think our 10-3 record against the Tribe is a little misleading. They've been a totally different team since the last time we played them.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
Don't worry about 06. KW will make changes for the better if this team fails in the playoffs................trust me  :)

It might be hard for him to make changes from the unemployment line. If the Sox fail to make the playoffs, I have a feeling he'll be the scapegoat, and not Ozzie.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
The Sox are playing like zombies again today.

Ever since the players b****ed about the attendance, they've played like crap. It's safe to say that the Tigers pitching made our hitting look good, and not the other way around.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
It might be hard for him to make changes from the unemployment line.  If the Sox fail to make the playoffs, I have a feeling he'll be the scapegoat, and not Ozzie.

Williams should not be the scapegoat. He constructed this team as best as he could. Ozzie should take the fall.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
Meanwhile, Lackey is starting to cruise :sleep

Nothing like the power of Pods and Willie to scare a pitcher on a 3-2 pitch. Both guys were able to work the count, only to ground out very weakly on get-me-over fastballs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
It might be hard for him to make changes from the unemployment line.  If the Sox fail to make the playoffs, I have a feeling he'll be the scapegoat, and not Ozzie.

Hope you're wrong about this one. He tried to make additions. Nobody was able to. Seller's market. Not making the playoffs will show how much the Sox played over their heads for much of the season. Being 1st for so long did seem a little surreal.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
Ever since the players b****ed about the attendance, they've played like crap.  It's safe to say that the Tigers pitching made our hitting look good, and not the other way around.

Is it me or do the Sox play like s*** when it's hot out?? It might not take a genius to figure this out, but we get pounded in Texas, were getting pounded this weekend. And in August..........Well i don't have to remind you guys of that. :huh:

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
If the Sox fail to make the playoffs, I have a feeling he'll be the scapegoat, and not Ozzie.

I've been saying similar sentiments for months. Although I never envisioned a collapse, I believed Williams would hold the blunt of criticism for failing to upgrade this club if we're quickly eliminated from the playoffs. It's doubtful he'll be fired this season, however.

I realize how beneficial not trading for China-doll Griffey or Aubrey Huff has been, but you can't assume logic with journalists or the average fan. All they know is Williams sat on his hand both deadlines with a team desperately needing offense.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
Williams should not be the scapegoat.  He constructed this team as best as he could.  Ozzie should take the fall.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
I agree. Oz is definitely the fall guy here.

I think they both have done a great job. The collapse of some key players should not be held over Ozzie's head.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
Kw does not make out the line ups.  Ozzie is sending the B-team out every other game.  Ozzie is the fall guy.  Manger of the year to unemployment in 2 months??

I totally agree. How many games this year did we concede w/ those lineups?? I say at least 4 or 5. Which if we had won would have given us a 10.5 game lead right now.......... Obviously hindsight is 20/20. But it does make you think :unsure:

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
I totally agree. How many games this year did we concede w/ those lineups?? I say at least 4 or 5. Which if we had won would have given us a 10.5 game lead right now.......... Obviously hindsight is 20/20. But it does make you think  :unsure:

Ozzie was content on simply winning series. A real manager would go for the kill in most cases.