Well...

kapkomet

Usually I'm pretty positive about this season, but this weekend told me that we don't belong. We just don't.

I don't know where our guts, and clawing, and swagger went, but I didn't see it all weekend.

Barring a serious attitude adjustment, I don't see us getting very far now.

This is definitely reminding me of 2000 all over again.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

since the end of july, i've had the same attitude.

Without a major presence in the middle of our order, we just aren't going to beat good teams.

And now we're finding out even our "aces" can't step up.

This thing is going to get ugly.

Per the game thread. Ozzie in the post game conference was asked if he was going to regroup tomorrow to get ready for the next road trip.

His answer is that he is going to leave chicago to go to Miami tomorrow because he needs a day off from the city of chicago to mentally regroup.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
Per the game thread.  Ozzie in the post game conference was asked if he was going to regroup tomorrow to get ready for the next road trip.

His answer is that he is going to leave chicago to go to Miami tomorrow because he needs a day off from the city of chicago to mentally regroup.

I don't blame him. I would too. This team is a mess. Him, K-Dub and the rest of the team need to have a meeting big time. Play all the subs on Tuesday. Send a message to this f'n team.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
According to another post, Ozzie said Duque will make his next start.

He said El Duque just had a bad day.

The only ray of hope is he said he would think about it and confir with his coaches, but he was planning on going with the piggyback el duque and brandon in his next start.

I don't care how anyone rationalizes our sweep this weekend or attempts to spin it into something other than a choke. We were simply overmatched against a superior ballclub.

This is becoming dire. Our team is showing its weaknesses against contending clubs, and worst of all, our starters appear to be tiring.

It doesn't help our manager fails to give McCarthy an opportunity in the rotation. Not that McCarthy pitching would have effected the outcome this afternoon. My concern falls on Guillens emphasis of maintaining chemistry rather than allowing his team the best opportunity to win. Currently, BMac gives our club the best opportunity to win.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
Is anyone considering trading one of Buehrle, Garland, or Garcia + a good bullpen arm + minor leaguer(s) for a huge bat, like a seriously threatening bat?

I love our pitching and all... but we need a big bat so bad it's not even funny.

The time to make trades has come and gone. We are who we are now until the end of the season.

Watching Baseball Tonight on ESPN, wouldn't you know the collapse talk has already begun. Although Reynolds and Kurkstan believe our pitching won't endure a slide such as that of the 64' Phillies, it's started--people have noticed our dwindling lead and will be making comparisons to past clubs until we clinch.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 05:30 PM)
Watching Baseball Tonight on ESPN, wouldn't you know the collapse talk has already begun. Although Reynolds and Kurkstan believe our pitching won't endure a slide such as that of the 64' Phillies, it's started--people have noticed our dwindling lead and will be making comparisons to past clubs until we clinch.

Yup I saw that too. If they collapse, a lot of people in the sox organization should be fired. They would of set this organization back a while. We will be a joke.